Another UA incident at EWR

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Passenger says firefighter told him it blew a tire on takeoff and they worried about smoke in the wheel well. Or at least that’s what I’m deducing from his ramble

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
Passenger says firefighter told him it blew a tire on takeoff and they worried about smoke in the wheel well. Or at least that’s what I’m deducing from his ramble

Wondering if the F/As got the call to prep the cabin or not. Tell you what though, as soon as I hear EASY VICTOR or any variation of "HEADS DOWN STAY DOWN" in any future trips and some clown tries to get their purse from an overhead, they're getting punched in the head if I'm being slowed down.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Wondering if the F/As got the call to prep the cabin or not. Tell you what though, as soon as I hear EASY VICTOR or any variation of "HEADS DOWN STAY DOWN" in any future trips and some clown tries to get their purse from an overhead, they're getting punched in the head if I'm being slowed down.
Even a flight crew has evac’d during an actual fire with the bags and luggage, even staying behind at the exit to ensure their luggage made it out.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Remove “if I’m being slowed down.”

If I’m ever on that jury for assault, I’m finding you innocent.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
Wallet and passport in one pocket because duh, phone in the other ("hello mom, had a bit of a smash but I'm intact") and GTFO.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Fedex 647, DC-10 landing accident. Crew and jumpseaters saving their bags and Christmas presents by tossing them from the cockpit windows and the L1 door, which the crew had accidentally released the escape slide from.

Fedex was not happy at this. Neither were the CFR crews.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Fedex 647, DC-10 landing accident. Crew and jumpseaters saving their bags and Christmas presents by tossing them from the cockpit windows and the L1 door, which the crew had accidentally released the escape slide from.

Fedex was not happy at this. Neither were the CFR crews.

I pointed this out, but then some Fedex guy got defensive and said they only had 1 viable exit to go out from and since there was a like of people to get out, the others waiting their turn decided to do something instead of waiting in line and threw out bags and presents. And that there was no net effect on their time to escape from 1 exit.

I don’t know, just what I got told by a Fedex guy.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
I pointed this out, but then some Fedex guy got defensive and said they only had 1 viable exit to go out from and since there was a like of people to get out, the others waiting their turn decided to do something instead of waiting in line and threw out bags and presents. And that there was no net effect on their time to escape from 1 exit.

I don’t know, just what I got told by a Fedex guy.
The L1 door was still viable, if they attempted to hang from the door sill and drop to the ground. With as much cabin fire and IDLH environment that the cockpit was becoming, that wouldn’t have been an unreasonable idea.....after accidentally releasing the slide from the floor connection anyway. Better of a priority than screwing around getting bags.

The fedex guy’s logic unfortunately is logic that can be used by any airline pax who is waiting in line to get out of an airline cabin exit during an emergency.