Another one bites the dust.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
A
Gross.

I still don’t understand how FLOAT is going to operate. They bought a sum total of zero infrastructure. No ground handling equipment, buildings, nada. Those dashes don’t even have APUs.
And where is Via/Seaplanes going to dig up airplanes capable of going out the chain reliably? Kind of glad I’m out of that although probably more job security than where I’m at...

Acrofox

All dragon~
Alaska Seaplanes and Wexford Capital buying Via Air with intent to use the 121 certificate to operate in Alaska.
For those not keeping track, the guy from FLOAT, RM, took over as CEO Of SeaPort after KC, now an owner of Alaska Seaplanes, was forced out. It’s like Game of Thrones up in here.
Oh. my. god. Last I heard, he was at 9X.

Bad news.

Richman

That's "Lord Garth" to you
Business as usual in AZ, except for suggestions of limited in-restaurant dining and large groups. Zero enforcement.

What IS closed are alcohol-only bars (serve chips and salsa? Stack ‘em in! Rack it up!) gyms and that one water park.

Arizona is largely mandating nothing, which is why our numbers are ridiculous.
Some labs in Florida were only reporting positives, not negatives, so there’s no telling what the rate is now.

paincorp

Some labs in Florida were only reporting positives, not negatives, so there’s no telling what the rate is now.
That should be a relatively easy fix, no? Presumably they’re paid by the test, so billed minus positive reported equals negative, no?

Richman

That should be a relatively easy fix, no? Presumably they’re paid by the test, so billed minus positive reported equals negative, no?
You would think, but apparently no one knows how to fix it looking back.

FloridaLarry

The Florida chapter on incompetence won't be a short one. The Gov is a Trump Toady who snatched the GOP convention from NC, then lost it when Trump reversed himself (presumably after noticing that his Yuuuge Crowd events didn't get the numbers he (over-) promised. The Dept of Health had the country's best COVID dashboard, until they fired the 30-ish PhD who created it for refusing to fudge the data to support premature re-opening. She's now running her own after crowd-funding it. When I see a car with a Trump/Pence sticker, the driver is seldom wearing a mask.

Etc.

Flyinthrew

The Florida chapter on incompetence won't be a short one. The Gov is a Trump Toady who snatched the GOP convention from NC, then lost it when Trump reversed himself (presumably after noticing that his Yuuuge Crowd events didn't get the numbers he (over-) promised. The Dept of Health had the country's best COVID dashboard, until they fired the 30-ish PhD who created it for refusing to fudge the data to support premature re-opening. She's now running her own after crowd-funding it. When I see a car with a Trump/Pence sticker, the driver is seldom wearing a mask.

Etc.
I hear you. I really do. But you’re reaching with your prejudiced. I don’t wear my mask when I’m alone or with my inner circle in my car either. To do so is fine with me, but to not do so is probably the norm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Richman

Etc.
Um... Why would you be wearing a mask in your own car?

Richman

...and, sadly, this quote continues to ring true even more so today than in '92. The rise of evangelism and belief in sky people continues to erode intellectualism and scientific reasoning.
Um, yea, you do know this country was founded by people looking for freedom to practice their religion, free of hassle from the man, right? So one way to look at it is the country was started by what other people saw as religious nuts.

We seemed to have done alright.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
Um, yea, you do know this country was founded by people looking for freedom to practice their religion, free of hassle from the man, right? So one way to look at it is the country was started by what other people saw as religious nuts.

The original settlers were religious nuts. The Founders were deists, which was as close to an atheist as you found in those days.

FloridaLarry

I hear you. I really do. But you’re reaching with your prejudiced. I don’t wear my mask when I’m alone or with my inner circle in my car either. To do so is fine with me, but to not do so is probably the norm.
Um... Why would you be wearing a mask in your own car?
Both of you are being practical and correct. No, I don't wear a mask in my car (or at home, unless I'm sawing larger boards into smaller ones in my woodshop), but several are in the passenger's seat so I can put one on and go in somewhere. I conflated 'out in public' with 'in the car,' and that isn't necessarily the same thing.

My observation would have been more accurate to say that the Trump fans are more likely to follow their leader in not wearing masks damn near anywhere. And that selfishness on their part puts MY health in some peril, and that's not OK with me.

Cruise

Freedom to practice, not freedom to push your silliness onto others or to form laws/policies based upon whatever fairytale you believe to be true.