Another one bites the dust.

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
I think reality is that we’re at the beginning of this. And future bookings aren’t looking promising after states like Florida, Texas, and Arizona have paused reopenings and enacted more shutdowns in some cases... My guess is by summer 2021 all 3 legacies are in Ch11.
Business as usual in AZ, except for suggestions of limited in-restaurant dining and large groups. Zero enforcement.

What IS closed are alcohol-only bars (serve chips and salsa? Stack ‘em in! Rack it up!) gyms and that one water park.

Arizona is largely mandating nothing, which is why our numbers are ridiculous.

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
Business as usual in AZ, except for suggestions of limited in-restaurant dining and large groups. Zero enforcement.

What IS closed are alcohol-only bars (serve chips and salsa? Stack ‘em in! Rack it up!) gyms and that one water park.

I mean same here in Florida. There are mask laws in many counties but it’s still about a 50/50 compliance from what I’ve seen. Unfortunately the level of politicization and polarization in our society has overruled scientific facts.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member

My buddy in PHX told me the news said they’re estimating 1 in 4 people in AZ are positive right now? Or maybe has or has had it, can’t remember which he said.

Plata

New info has come out, and Bering Air will be significantly expanding their footprint, all the way down to Aniak. Float has purchased the Dash 8s and plans to return them to service in AK. We’ll see whether or not they can make that happen: they theoretically had a Caravan-based shuttle service in SoCal, but it appears that it never launched.

Derg

Staff member
My buddy in PHX told me the news said they’re estimating 1 in 4 people in AZ are positive right now? Or maybe has or has had it, can’t remember which he said.
25% of all tested are positive.

But at least the hospitals are almost at capacity, our Governor gave the president a cool ringtone and he also saw a funny meme about World War 2 and masks. Apparently gets roasted whenever the press gets to him and has no answers.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun

But at least the hospitals are almost at capacity, our Governor gave the president a cool ringtone and he also saw a funny meme about World War 2 and masks. Apparently gets roasted whenever the press gets to him and has no answers.
Well, at least he’s not in the “hide in the office and refuse to answer questions for 2 weeks because his brain is so fried on tv news, adderall, and dementia that he can’t form a coherent sentence” stage yet!

Fearless

Dash Dominatrix
You know what they say...

"Everyone has a purpose in life... if only to serve as a warning to others."

We may be seeing that play out on a state-wide level.

azmedic

That presser was ridiculous. The meme thing was awkward at best...and not a peep about schools. My kids district is starting online on the 4th but has said little beyond that. I just hope it’s not the mess it was this spring with the online product.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Derg

Staff member
Yeah, it was pretty sad. You figure you’re paying taxes to a state with resources to access vast networks of experts and he’s largely done nothing in the last few months.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Alaska Seaplanes and Wexford Capital buying Via Air with intent to use the 121 certificate to operate in Alaska.
For those not keeping track, the guy from FLOAT, RM, took over as CEO Of SeaPort after KC, now an owner of Alaska Seaplanes, was forced out. It’s like Game of Thrones up in here.

roundout

Bus Driver
Alaska Seaplanes and Wexford Capital buying Via Air with intent to use the 121 certificate to operate in Alaska.
For those not keeping track, the guy from FLOAT, RM, took over as CEO Of SeaPort after KC, now an owner of Alaska Seaplanes, was forced out. It’s like Game of Thrones up in here.
que?

ShortField

No one of consequence
Gross.

I still don’t understand how FLOAT is going to operate. They bought a sum total of zero infrastructure. No ground handling equipment, buildings, nada. Those dashes don’t even have APUs.