Another 73 Down

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Hmm, that's odd, I looked through everything I wrote and can't seem to find anywhere where I actually said that. In fact, I went to great pains to point out that I was NOT commenting on whether the actions were justified or wise, ONLY that we didn't instigate the conflict. Either your reading comprehension needs work, or you are intentionally and wildly disingenuous.
To be clear, if it's justified then we "have the right to," no?

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
If you're going to attempt to make an argument in favor of nationalization, then we're just gonna stop right here, because we'll never see eye to eye.
I'm not, rather I'm suggesting that given it's their country, and their oil, they likely have the right to do with that oil whatever the • they'd like.

Mexico nationalized their oil production in 1938, should we have toppled their country?

z987k

If you're going to attempt to make an argument in favor of nationalization, then we're just gonna stop right here, because we'll never see eye to eye.
The UK were not holding up their end of the deal, so Iran wanted to audit the company to prove that. The UK refused, so because the UK violated the agreement, Iran took back the oil. That's exactly what you do when a deadbeat doesn't pay. You reposes their stuff.

Then the UK and the US overthrew the government so they could steal the oil back. In the process installing a dictator, killing a bunch of pro democracy people.

No, we(the UK really, but we helped with the coup) were the first instigators. In no reality did Iran draw first blood.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
I'm not, rather I'm suggesting that given it's their country, and their oil, they likely have the right to do with that oil whatever the • they'd like.

Mexico nationalized their oil production in 1938, should we have toppled their country?
You're still hung up on this idea that I'm defending the coup. I have taken no position on that matter. Get back to me after your reading comprehension improves.

P.S. It's a blatant lie that negotiations did not take place. They were extensive, in fact.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
The UK were not holding up their end of the deal, so Iran wanted to audit the company to prove that. The UK refused, so because the UK violated the agreement, Iran took back the oil. That's exactly what you do when a deadbeat doesn't pay. You reposes their stuff.

Then the UK and the US overthrew the government so they could steal the oil back. In the process installing a dictator, killing a bunch of pro democracy people.

No, we(the UK really, but we helped with the coup) were the first instigators. In no reality did Iran draw first blood.

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
You're still hung up on this idea that I'm defending the coup. I have taken no position on that matter. Get back to me after your reading comprehension improves.

P.S. It's a blatant lie that negotiations did not take place. They were extensive, in fact.
Saying instigating a coup was justified and that Iran is the bad guy in this is defacto defense of the coup, but whatever.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
Saying instigating a coup was justified and that Iran is the bad guy in this is defacto defense of the coup, but whatever.
Never said justified. In fact, very clearly said I was NOT taking a position on whether it was justified or not. For someone who claims to be so well-read, you sure have a problem with comprehension.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
Oil has been shaping our foreign Middle East policy for decades.
Oil is also largely responsible for the War in the Pacific. We kinda were the instigator there, though.

People who say stupid crap like "no blood for oil" really don't understand the importance of oil. Oil isn't oil. Oil is national security.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Oil is also largely responsible for the War in the Pacific. We kinda were the instigator there, though.

People who say stupid crap like "no blood for oil" really don't understand the importance of oil. Oil isn't oil. Oil is national security.
The last page is a little weird to me, are you arguing with urself? Im using my imagination on the other side of that argument, but keep in mind, its easy to get drawn into arguments that are knuckleheaded. If you find yourself repeating yourself, obviously making points the other party is ignoring, or if you feel yourself dumber for trying, there is a great ignore feature.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
The last page is a little weird to me, are you arguing with urself? Im using my imagination on the other side of that argument, but keep in mind, its easy to get drawn into arguments that are knuckleheaded. If you find yourself repeating yourself, obviously making points the other party is ignoring, or if you feel yourself dumber for trying, there is a great ignore feature.
I hate to use ignore except in the most egregious of circumstances. @ppragman generally isn't a dunce. He's just such a "hate America first" guy that he can't get past the fact that I've never defended our coup in Iran. He just refuses to put away that straw man.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I hate to use ignore except in the most egregious of circumstances. @ppragman generally isn't a dunce. He's just such a "hate America first" guy that he can't get past the fact that I've never defended our coup in Iran. He just refuses to put away that straw man.
Yeah it normally takes me a few things to get there too and id have to be sure but both your friends there merit that litmus test but recently the intellectual dishonesty has become a suitable catchall, however, it take a few champs at that same bit for me to drop them.

I took a quick scan, opinions arent the same as as dishonesty. Tempus fugit.

SlumTodd_Millionaire

Evil Landlord Capitalist
ehhhhh no. We put the oil embargo on Japan because of them invading China. They didn’t invade China because of the oil embargo.
So it's our job to be China's policemen? You "peacenik" types sure are slippery. Seems to be more about hating everything America has ever done just because.