Another 73 Down

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
Yeah..... this is very far from anything we all need in the news. Uh, at all.

SeanD

How can Iran say it was due to an mx failure this soon. I don’t know about anyone else but that airplane was on fire. It looked like it had just been shot down.

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
Anyone know their history want this to be a Maine , but without the implications of a world war and only have the technical fault?

Soku39

I mean, reasonably capable but non-originator nation with fairly sophisticated SAM systems on a freaking hair-trigger with the near-certainty of incoming US ordnance? What could possibly go wrong?
I don’t know, I’m not the expert here. I just hope this is a coincidence and I wish it could have been with an airliner flagged from literally any country other than Ukraine. I’m going to sleep now and not looking forward to what the headlines will be when I wake up in 7 hours.

Boris Badenov

Someone should definitely do *something*, Captain!
Well, now they're reporting that it was on departure. Makes the "woopsie, not a B-2, our bad" scenario seem less likely. God, wouldn't it just be the most hilarious (not the funny kind) of thing if this was a legit mechanical failure? I mean, what are the freaking odds? I don't and suspect I will never believe in a beneficent, kind, loving Sky Bully, but if that's what actually happened, it's a strong argument for an angry, capricious, hateful deity with steepled fingers and a deep, resonant, maniacal laugh.

Itchy

Well, now they're reporting that it was on departure. Makes the "woopsie, not a B-2, our bad" scenario seem less likely. God, wouldn't it just be the most hilarious (not the funny kind) of thing if this was a legit mechanical failure? I mean, what are the freaking odds? I don't and suspect I will never believe in a beneficent, kind, loving Sky Bully, but if that's what actually happened, it's a strong argument for an angry, capricious, hateful deity with steepled fingers and a deep, resonant, maniacal laugh.
OK, is there *anyway* a Boeing employee (assuming a U.S. one) would ever be involved on site in this investigation? If so, dang. They would have to clank when they walk..