And it's not even summer yet (Passenger vs Pilot)

To play devil's advocate (and it's a stretch here), we don't know what happened on the plane to lead him to want to get his badge info. Certainly doesn't excuse his violence, but I've certainly run into folks at the Airport (not crew, though) whose behaviors lead me to make note of their names.
Dunno, but if you stick a camera phone in my face because you think you're going to intimidate me, I'm going to slap it away just as this guy did.

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
Dunno, but if you stick a camera phone in my face because you think you're going to intimidate me, I'm going to slap it away just as this guy did.
I'd just smile for the photo like many airline employees do. Perhaps better to convey that you don't care.

It at least looks like this guy was relatively financially stable and probably in some type of white collar occupation. i.e. he has a reputation that has probably just been destroyed, because #karma.

Derg

Naval Intelligence, MCRN
Staff member
Yeah, but did the captain have it coming, and more importantly was he smaller than the FO?
Ha! No clue. When I heard the story, my first thought was "Yup! I can totally see him doing that".

Very short, easily triggered, the first guy to make a "heavily situationally inappropriate" comment and would pretty much put a knife in your back at any opportunity to build an extra 0.1 of multi engine time.

Avgirl

If someone bothers you enough that you intentionally stalk them from the plane into the terminal, I'm pretty sure that is the very definition of douchebag. They say he can get up to six months in jail, and I for one hope they deliver on that. A clear message needs to be sent that behavior like that needs to stop and that there are consequences.

SeanD

That dickhole even tried to film it after he spazzed out :bounce:. Again, passengers are the bullies, not the airlines. This is exactly why the airlines are "abusive" because a lot of passengers are just like this dbag or at least have the potential to be. I would have been out of a job and possibly in jail if this happened to me.

That dickhole even tried to film it after he spazzed out :bounce:. Again, passengers are the bullies, not the airlines. This is exactly why the airlines are "abusive" because a lot of passengers are just like this dbag or at least have the potential to be. I would have been out of a job and possibly in jail if this happened to me.
Internet trolls come to life.

Let me go antagonize this guy to the point that he decks me so I can collect from his deep pocketed company in the ensuing lawsuit.

Yakob

Grand Prognosticator Nominee
I know a guy who had a physical altercation with his captain, on the ramp, in full view of everyone.

Let's just say he's a "professional CFI" now.
Supposedly there used to be a captain at my employer who was arrested for assaulting a ramper at EWR. Even before that he was notorious for yelling at/ verbally abusing rampers. Apparently two captains who were sitting airport reserve were given a very special assignment to bail him out. I was told he was actually one of the first few people accepted into the Career Path Program we have to United!

Ajax

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Supposedly there used to be a captain at my employer who was arrested for assaulting a ramper at EWR. Even before that he was notorious for yelling at/ verbally abusing rampers. Apparently two captains who were sitting airport reserve were given a very special assignment to bail him out. I was told he was actually one of the first few people accepted into the Career Path Program we have to United!
I flew with someone who hated rampers and would scream at them for no reason, it was awkward

I hear he is also at United