• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

And it's not even summer yet (Passenger vs Pilot)

Derg

Naval Intelligence, MCRN
Staff member
When I was a regional pilot, some passenger grabbed me by the tie and told me to check him in. I told him that if he didn't let go I would "slap the sh-- out you" and I guess I looked psychopathic enough to enjoy taking him to that Ghetto University so he only got detained.

Finny

When I was a regional pilot, some passenger grabbed me by the tie and told me to check him in. I told him that if he didn't let go I would "slap the sh-- out you" and I guess I looked psychopathic enough to enjoy taking him to that Ghetto University so he only got detained.
Listen, at this point you're going to jail no matter what. You can let go of me or you can go to jail with a headache, it's up to you...

Quarryman

What?!? No signs of at least a dozen people with cell phones filming with one making commentary such as "ooooh dayum!!! World star!!!!"

Must be fake news.

And to think this guy was just trying to go home after a long four day and now having to burn one of his two days off to come back and give a statement.

Last edited:
God, I hate the social media age. Every d-bag that was picked on too much in high school is now a badass with a camera phone because he's going to take pictures of your ID and your license plates and "get you fired". All this because he thought the pilot didn't get out of his way quick enough which was probably a matter of seconds. How ridiculous is this?

Pilot should be commended. The last thing we need is a video of a pilot brawling with a pax, even if he's justifiably defending himself, after what happened with United. Sucks that he had to swallow his pride, but he saved himself from being an inadvertant YouTube star and an s-storm of negative PR for AA.

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
The ahole getting his cell phone out and trying to take a pic of the ID makes me most mad of all.
To play devil's advocate (and it's a stretch here), we don't know what happened on the plane to lead him to want to get his badge info. Certainly doesn't excuse his violence, but I've certainly run into folks at the Airport (not crew, though) whose behaviors lead me to make note of their names.