Analog clocks and 15 seconds

Do you set the analog clock to 15 seconds?

• Total voters

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
TA/RA keneesponding RA/TA depending on the unit usually makes the person stop mid checklist read and correct himself and usually gets frustrated and apologizes which completely wrecks the flow. Wreck the flow and then you question where you where and it ends up being a massive distraction.
Hence consistency...or something.

“Just keep reading before we lose our place”
I personally identify with this. Change is hard, especially when a meaningless frob gets added to an already crowded list.

Cherokee_Cruiser

There needs to be a new thread. Darn things FOs do. I was a FO for 11 years and I’ve seen some stuff now I wouldn’t have dreamed of doing as FO myself. Hot dang.

Jordan93

There needs to be a new thread. Darn things FOs do. I was a FO for 11 years and I’ve seen some stuff now I wouldn’t have dreamed of doing as FO myself. Hot dang.
That’s when you set the parking brake and have a come to Jesus moment. I had an FO move flaps without me calling for it, while I was doing my rudder check. I’m supposed to call “Flaps XX, ready to taxi or taxi checklist.” His reasoning was he was just trying to get the operation moving. I said, man we’ve been in an IROP this whole week and we’re already delayed 3 hours so the operation is not really moving lol. Some of the stuff I see, I’d never even think of doing as an FO. And it’s mostly from the 2 year “senior” FOs who think they have it all figured out already.

Cherokee_Cruiser

That’s when you set the parking brake and have a come to Jesus moment. I had an FO move flaps without me calling for it, while I was doing my rudder check. I’m supposed to call “Flaps XX, ready to taxi or taxi checklist.” His reasoning was he was just trying to get the operation moving. I said, man we’ve been in an IROP this whole week and we’re already delayed 3 hours so the operation is not really moving lol. Some of the stuff I see, I’d never even think of doing as an FO. And it’s mostly from the 2 year “senior” FOs who think they have it all figured out already.
My story was borderline insubordination. Even after a "come to Jesus moment" the FO *literally* said "we'll just have to agree to disagree." Talk about a complete shut down. Never in a billion years would I ever even think of doing that to a CA when I was FO.

Last edited:

Nark

Sheepdog
My story was borderline insubordination. Even after a "come to Jesus moment" the FO *literally* said "we'll just have to agree to disagree." Talk about a complete shut down. Never in a billion years would I ever even think of doing that to a CA when I was FO.
More details needed.
If I’m doing something against company policy, I hope to hell my FO’s have the intestinal fortitude to call me out.

Sometimes it’s not worth the effort to continue a conversation. All of us here on jetcareers, especially those discussions in the lavatory, should know this.