Analog clocks and 15 seconds

Do you set the analog clock to 15 seconds?

• Total voters

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Walked onto the jet, sat down, built my nest, and set the clock to 15 seconds to move the analog hand out of the way of the clock. Captain came in from doing the walk around (THE HORROR!) we exchanged pleasantries and he resets the clock to zero.

What say you, internet buddies, regarding ye olde analog clock?

deadstick

There should be another option, “Why?” Seriously, is the 15 sec setting a “thing?”

“On my mark, it’ll be 09:31:15.....hack.” (That’s “Now-Now-Now” — if Navy folks need a translator.)

Really? Is there some closet-conspiracy theory about not syncing time on the minute?

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
You guys don’t time automatic starts?
I mean, honestly, I'd have to look at our procedure to see if we're "supposed" to. I haven't had one go longer than 1'12"-1'14" (IAE). Pratts, on the other hand...

I just instinctively hit the chrono anyway.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
I mean, honestly, I'd have to look at our procedure to see if we're "supposed" to. I haven't had one go longer than 1'12"-1'14" (IAE). Pratts, on the other hand...

I just instinctively hit the chrono anyway.
Our PWs require 30s between cranking and the initiation of dual cool (if we need to use it). So that's one clock hack. Then we can throw the start switch and at that point the thing does whatever timing it needs to do on its own.

We also have a 5 minute limitation on running the engines at takeoff power so we have to do a hack on takeoff to keep track of that (in case of a very slow engine out climb).

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Uhhh no that’s weird. I bet you use paper sectionals. What’s your opinion on sbarros?
I did just buy a new iPad. Don’t think for a second that I’m getting that fancy app though. Oh, and I don’t eat lukewarm mall Italian.
Different operator, same answer -- nope.

Only start the chronometer for the warm-up of #2.
I guess we’re just old school.

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
Our PWs require 30s between cranking and the initiation of dual cool (if we need to use it). So that's one clock hack. Then we can throw the start switch and at that point the thing does whatever timing it needs to do on its own.

We also have a 5 minute limitation on running the engines at takeoff power so we have to do a hack on takeoff to keep track of that (in case of a very slow engine out climb).
Our LEAP engines require one minute of cranking before starting the starting the ignition when doing a manual start.

Thats interesting that you have a five minute limit even when single engine.