1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ameriflight

Discussion in 'Freight Pilots/"OOTSK"' started by flyinghedgehog, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Itchy

Itchy Well-Known Member

Some 121 is not immune either.

2. floridabeachbum

floridabeachbum Well-Known Member

Got a couple of buddies at Ameriflight that went to go get turbo prop pic time. Heard once they got there they were then forced into the BE99 after being told they would get the BE1900. They also changed their base assignments. All are looking to get out.
    Anyone know if this is true? If it is, Ameriflight that is pretty damn shady!

3. mikecweb

mikecweb Third Generation Arizonan

Is the 99 turboprop PIC time not as good?

skatergeek likes this.
  4. Inverted

Inverted My captain doesn't have a degree, I'm scared....

A Type rating holds more weight for sure.

5. mikecweb

mikecweb Third Generation Arizonan

99 isn't a type? TMYK...

6. Inverted

It’s a hunk of crap, that I can tell you, bigly.

A150K likes this.
  7. floridabeachbum

It’s good, but
    these are guys with families, etc that were promised a better qol. Then it seems, Ameriflight sweet talked them into quitting their jobs and coming there only to do the old bait and switch. Remember, happy wife happy life, also the kids, etc. I’m just saying if you go to a company expecting one thing and based your future plans around that then the company does something that substantiallly impacts that and evidently lied about it and to you from the get go, I would be looking for another job too.

Inverted, it appears nothing has changed at Ameriflight.

8. Inverted

Dude if anyone goes to AMF for QOL, they haven’t done annnnnnny research.

floridabeachbum likes this.
  9. floridabeachbum

Yeah looks like that is being revealed to them. Lol

10. flyingbum

flyingbum Needz Re-Edjamacayshun

Sorry to hear about your friends having to go through that, unfortunately AMF has been in a staffing scramble and they have done this in the past. I don't believe they do this as normal practice, usually it's a recruiter just trying to get people in the door. Tell your friends that things change fast there and getting the base they wanted will probably happen really quick. I know that is no excuse for how shady and unethical AMF is, but if they stick it out they will get what they want eventually. I personally would be upset about the difference in pay between the 99 and 1900, that's a big chunk of change. I heard about a guy they did this to recently and he's looking to bail, and another guy last year that bailed after 2 weeks of flying the line because they stuck him in another base other than what he was hired for.

If your friends decide to stay there, (or Not) make sure that they write corporate, DO,CP, and so forth and let them know what has happened with the bait and switch, who knows it's entirely possible that nobody in management knows about this. Bringing it to their attention has many benefits, First; if they are not aware, now they are, maybe they won't care, maybe they will. Second; If they do care maybe they can do something about it, maybe they won't, this is AMF we're talking about. Third; If in fact they don't care and won't do anything about it we as a pilot community need to know so that we can spread the word around to stay away from their shady unethical operation. Fourth; It might force them to rethink their recruiting practices for the better, if they don't then that is on them, and they can go out of business for all I care. Best of luck to your friends and make sure they pass all the info onto the community, good or bad.

floridabeachbum and DForney like this.
  11. floridabeachbum

True, heard they sent out a company wide memo saying they were changing the days off of the home based Captains to give them more days off, HA! They actually took their 2 weeks on 2 weeks off and made it like 4 days the first week then 1 week or some bull. Mass resignations followed. Could explain all the sudden openings posted on their hiring web page.

Ameriflight, oh well. Just passing info along. So my buddies are getting out, bum I appreciate your response.

flyingbum likes this.
  12. Itchy

Itchy Well-Known Member

Glad folks are voting with their feet. Two few pilots sitting around to continue to treat them like poo.

flyingbum and DForney like this.
  13. flyingbum

Plot Twist. Not really Plot twist.
    LONG LIVE THE CARROT ON A STRING! Sorry no link

Ameriflight announced they are expanding their agreement with UPS intern Pilots to include current and future Ameriflight pilots.

Mark my words in a time capsule! It will be so ridiculously restrictive that only a handful will ever get to do it. After pulling this out of their playbook I don't think they'll have any other moves left to get fresh Pilots in the doors.

*opens AMF recruiting playbook*
    *sees Carrot*
    *sees string*
    *reads blurb about dishonesty*

Meh, sounds good

#timecapsule

14. flyingbum

Good for them, I'm glad I left that place, now I make more money and have more time off, haha.

15. skatergeek

skatergeek Beet Farmer

Geez I hope all of this isnt true. It used to be an ok place to be. I was there in 09-12 and it was alright...depending on the base....but now, holy crap Batman no way.

16. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member

Schedule and qol are the main reason I left AMF. One could argue that career wise staying at AMF and getting a type may have been a better career move than taking an air ambulance gig in a C90 (which I'm now getting ready to leave for a 121 gig...), but man getting up that early and working 6 days per week really takes a toll on a person after a year let along a long period of time.

17. scooter2525

scooter2525 Very well Member

No type.

The Bait-Switch doesn't surprise me.