American Airlines service to Nellis AFB, now boarding.

Cherokee_Cruiser

It's funny how all the old timers know about Kingman because it played such a big role in flight training back in the 80's and 90's. Not much is going on there these days so when I mention it to younger guys they scratch their heads. lol. The end is near:bounce:
I had 2 checkrides at IGM and I'm not an ol timer. :)

mrivc211

Nellis is actually an approved fueling alternate for us, SGU is emergency landing only.
You definitely have to have an emergency to involuntarily be going to SGU lol. In all seriousness though, its some of the most beautiful parts of the country. The old SGU airport that was on a cliff(think Catalina Island on steroids) was a nail biter.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Las Vegas, NV
Nellis AFB

Is listed in our list of alternate airports (Boeing yes, Airbus no). McChord and Elmendorf AFB are listed the same way under Tacoma and Anchorage.

Autothrust Blue

The frakkin’ CAG
You definitely have to have an emergency to involuntarily be going to SGU lol. In all seriousness though, its some of the most beautiful parts of the country. The old SGU airport that was on a cliff(think Catalina Island on steroids) was a nail biter.
I’m bummed I never went to DXZ. The skidoo-capable airport is boring.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
At first I was like, since when do SF care about flightline pic's? Then I remembered you were AF, which call MP's SF, who are not actually SF. :)
SPs in my day. And broken down by Law Enforcement, and Security sections.

bucksmith

Did you lock the doors?
It's funny how all the old timers know about Kingman because it played such a big role in flight training back in the 80's and 90's. Not much is going on there these days so when I mention it to younger guys they scratch their heads. lol. The end is near:bounce:
When I was based in Yuma, I dated a girl up in Kingman and used to hang out at the airport. There was an old timer there that was friends with my Dad back in the day. He had a Culver Cadet in the hangar and a busted ass airport car that I slept in a couple times. Late 90’s, it was a cool place to be.

mrivc211

I’m bummed I never went to DXZ. The skidoo-capable airport is boring.
There was some fun times there. I swamped planes with this nut job in KDEN once. This was right around the time a NASA astronaut drove with a diaper on to her/his ex's house in a rage.

Autothrust Blue

The frakkin’ CAG
There was some fun times there. I swamped planes with this nut job in KDEN once. This was right around the time a NASA astronaut drove with a diaper on to her/his ex's house in a rage.
Best part is the "don't distribute" watermark, of course. I think I went to SGU the first time 6 months or so after the above...incident is the wrong word, or is it?