American Airlines: Gone within 18 months??

• Thread starter Deleted member 27505
  • Start date

American Airlines dead by Jan-2021??

• Agree?

Votes: 13 10.4%
  • Disagree?

Votes: 93 74.4%
  • I don't give an ass. The aviation industry is a joke.

Votes: 16 12.8%
  • I agree, but only because the freaking world will end by J-21?

Votes: 3 2.4%

• Total voters

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Reminds me of riding on a Midwest Express flight, in Republic colors, operated by a Shuttle America crew, paid with F9's gas money or something to that degree. It was a long time ago but a fine highlight of the regional mess.
I remember the first day we operated for a new airlines, I think was Continental, we showed up with the only available plane and it was painted in full United colors. Embarrassing. That’s less shocking today seeing as how everything turned out with UAL/CAL however.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Man, we seriously need to work on positive vibes in here
i could video some airliner scrapping going on right now at my field. Being expedited in fact, due to needing more storage room. Although whats coming in, isn’t necessarily guaranteed to be leaving.....

BigZ

i could video some airliner scrapping going on right now at my field. Being expedited in fact, due to needing more storage room. Although whats coming in, isn’t necessarily guaranteed to be leaving.....
22 of the Eagle 140s of the lot are officially being retired. Another 4 before that I believe

BigZ

Kingairer

'Tiger Team' Member
Kilo alley ramp clearing me in on the north line today as "American 3456" is more noteworthy than another BS article.
People getting paid substantial money, working for the said legacy airlines, and having "must figure this crap out" in their job descriptions haven't a slightest on when/how we are getting through this.
People come back and we'll be fine.
People dont come back and we're all screwed.

No one,knows which one of those two things will happen yet.

FlyingAccountant

AA has a lot of things to figure out and they are the least efficient of the big three when it comes to profitability, but I don't see them going anywhere anytime soon.

Even in the worst case scenario, AA has a lot of friends in high places that wouldn't let them fail. The federal government, various state governments, Boeing, Airbus, Citibank, etc.

Beefy McGee

TWA is going to re-emerge, purchase a number of regionals, then purchase AA, and staple the former APA pilots to the bottom of the list.
I'd fly a CRJ in TWA colors. Classic or the last scheme with the red, blue, and gold.

Edit: and from a STL base. Go Cards!

Last edited:

FlyingAccountant

I'd fly a CRJ in TWA colors. Classic or the last scheme with the red, blue, and gold.

Edit: and from a STL base. Go Cards!
I might be bias having grown up in STL, but that last livery TWA had was the best livery to ever grace an airplane. Interestingly, the new livery Trump chose for the new AF1 is strikingly similar - it's only missing the tail and the globes.