American Airlines flight attendant showed up to work with BAC four times the legal limit

z987k

It seems like we have finally moved on from MOAR HOPS to dialing that back and making a more well rounded beer.
IPAs were out a couple years ago. They started making them for the masses and it all went downhill. IPA is not supposed to be a well rounded beer. Those are the ones that suck. If you want a balanced beer, you're looking for a different style.

Sours are in right now. But the vast majority of them suck. Everyone has to put fruit or some • in it because they don't actually like sours.
Drie Fonteinen and Cantillon and a couple other Belgian breweries make a good gueze and have been doing so for a bit over 100 years.
Outside that it's mostly a pile of meh and suck.

Screaming_Emu

Dogsheep
IPAs were out a couple years ago. They started making them for the masses and it all went downhill. IPA is not supposed to be a well rounded beer. Those are the ones that suck. If you want a balanced beer, you're looking for a different style.

Sours are in right now. But the vast majority of them suck. Everyone has to put fruit or some • in it because they don't actually like sours.
Drie Fonteinen and Cantillon and a couple other Belgian breweries make a good gueze and have been doing so for a bit over 100 years.
Outside that it's mostly a pile of meh and suck.
Yeah. I don’t really care what it is “in” or “out.” Only what tastes good. IPAs a few years ago suck, newer ones are better.

z987k

Belgian beers are terrible. Change my mind.
That's a pretty broad brush. There's like 10 or more Belgian styles in maybe 3 distinct groups. I'm not a fan of the Trappist style anymore, though I was at one point, tastes just change.

Yeah. I don’t really care what it is “in” or “out.” Only what tastes good. IPAs a few years ago suck, newer ones are better.
The new ones have less hops and are less bitter. They are Pale Ales that are marketed as IPAs because marketing thinks that style sells better. But I'd posit that you probably don't like IPAs but do like Pale ales. More of a balanced beer. There is no such thing as a balanced IPA, the style does not allow for that. Excluding all the English beers of the same name.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I’m concerned you don’t know what good Belgian beer is. Some are made by Monks for Christ sakes!
Man I bought a 4-pack of Delirium Nocturnum cause it’s always considered one of the best beers in the world. Drank 1 and gave the other 3 away. I’ve had their Tremens as well and also gross.

z987k

Man I bought a 4-pack of Delirium Nocturnum cause it’s always considered one of the best beers in the world. Drank 1 and gave the other 3 away. I’ve had their Tremens as well and also gross.
Delirium is crap. No one but their own marketing department thinks it's even close to one of the best beers in the world. They have a bar the moron tourists like to visit and their beer is about the bottom of the barrel as far as Belgian beer goes.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I’m in the “beer should be beer” phase and if I want something more interesting, there’s liquor or wine.

Sadly men:beer is like women:froyo.

“Can I tryyyyyyy a sample of the (whatever). Nah, ok, well, let me tryyyyyyy a sample of the (other). Nah, that’s too weird, how about the (what)” :)