Amazon

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
How many dispatchers do they have? How many are they hiring? Anybody know their pay scale?
They don't have any dispatchers. Dispatching is done by the airlines contracted to fly for them.
Pay is pretty decent, but expect to be micro managed.

Troy McClure

Ah say boy...Whattcha got there son?
interesting comments above....First of all.. AmZ does not own a single airplane. All of the AmZ flying is done by outsourcing to other companies.
And they are...Atlas, Southern, DHL, Kalitta, ABX, ATI and a few others (here come the emails...!) and I just heard in a meeting that Mesa will operate 4 DHL 737 freighters which could be used for AmZ flying. What AmZ is doing is developing lots of airport facilities across the country and overseas. Some of the locations will require an NCC person. Currently flying w/in CONUS to RIV, RFD, BDL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DFW, IAH, PHX, SAN, ONT, SMF, SEA, PDX just to name a few.
Right now as the current fleets of super old 767s age out, there is a small shift moving to narrow body freighter conversions. A few of the above carriers already have a few 737s and some A-321s are being converted as I type. So overall lots of change on the way in the freight biz. Hopefully the economy will hold. AS for the AmZ job in KY, which is where CVG is located, basically an office job, you will, as whoswho wrote, be micro managed. The job is basically a desk job dealing with delays and other time sensitive issues. Keep the planes rolling and oh...btw why were you 2 mins late out of RFD..?? The wx is fine, the plane is fine...whats the problem...Now you have to call the carrier...and talk to their Ops Guy/Gal and find out WTF happened!! If you dont like the pressures of dispatching then good luck. I think they may have the same job in a few other sites. Pay=Meh....and ZERO flight benefits. But overall, if you want a 9-5 M-F gig....then this is for you. There will be some weekend and shift work but thats for the rookies.

z987k

Keep the planes rolling and oh...btw why were you 2 mins late out of RFD..?? The wx is fine, the plane is fine...whats the problem...Now you have to call the carrier...and talk to their Ops Guy/Gal and find out WTF happened!!
I can help with that. Just answer, "because of who you chose to contract with. If you want reliable service, pay for it."

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
But overall, if you want a 9-5 M-F gig....then this is for you. There will be some weekend and shift work but thats for the rookies.
Just to be clear... The posted position is a 24/7 operation. 4 on 3 off, 10 hour shifts. The best part... They make you rotate shifts every 6 months! I mean, who wouldn't love to be in a position for x amount of years and be relegated to the overnight shift.

Eskhobbs

Just to be clear... The posted position is a 24/7 operation. 4 on 3 off, 10 hour shifts. The best part... They make you rotate shifts every 6 months! I mean, who wouldn't love to be in a position for x amount of years and be relegated to the overnight shift.
I guess it could be worse... Like being on graveyard shift for 5 years because you're the new guy.

QXSOUP

interesting comments above....First of all.. AmZ does not own a single airplane. All of the AmZ flying is done by outsourcing to other companies.
And they are...Atlas, Southern, DHL, Kalitta, ABX, ATI and a few others (here come the emails...!) and I just heard in a meeting that Mesa will operate 4 DHL 737 freighters which could be used for AmZ flying. What AmZ is doing is developing lots of airport facilities across the country and overseas. Some of the locations will require an NCC person. Currently flying w/in CONUS to RIV, RFD, BDL, BWI, CLT, CVG, DFW, IAH, PHX, SAN, ONT, SMF, SEA, PDX just to name a few.
Right now as the current fleets of super old 767s age out, there is a small shift moving to narrow body freighter conversions. A few of the above carriers already have a few 737s and some A-321s are being converted as I type. So overall lots of change on the way in the freight biz. Hopefully the economy will hold. AS for the AmZ job in KY, which is where CVG is located, basically an office job, you will, as whoswho wrote, be micro managed. The job is basically a desk job dealing with delays and other time sensitive issues. Keep the planes rolling and oh...btw why were you 2 mins late out of RFD..?? The wx is fine, the plane is fine...whats the problem...Now you have to call the carrier...and talk to their Ops Guy/Gal and find out WTF happened!! If you dont like the pressures of dispatching then good luck. I think they may have the same job in a few other sites. Pay=Meh....and ZERO flight benefits. But overall, if you want a 9-5 M-F gig....then this is for you. There will be some weekend and shift work but thats for the rookies.
Only ATI and Atlas and Southern operate airplanes on behalf of Amazon. ABX has a contract for a few 767-200's that will be expiring soon (2021 I think). Sun Country is going to be operating a few 737-800's soon, perhaps by Q3 this year. Kalitta does NOT do any direct flying for Amazon. DHL doesn't operate a single aircraft in the USA and certainly not for Amazon.

Amazon does actually own some of the planes, but that’s not really important.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NO they don't. The 737-800's are leased from GECAS which are then subleased to Southern and soon to be Sun Country.

paincorp

NO they don't. The 737-800's are leased from GECAS which are then subleased to Southern and soon to be Sun Country.
You’re right, what I meant was that the planes weren’t Atlas’, ATI’s, etc. Poor wording on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dx81

Kalitta does not fly for Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

QXSOUP

Amazon doesn't own either.
Titan is owned by the holding company that also owns Atlas.
GECAS is General Electric.

Amazon has options to purchase a portion of the holding company but has NOT exercised any portion of it yet.