Alpine Air/Cargo dudes, dudettes

AAPalmTree

I fly a lot of west coast from ORD. I don’t know who alpine air is but I hear you all the time holding over BFE airports in Montana/Dakotas until the visibility comes up. I don’t miss those days flying cargo but it was great experience. Just wanted to give you guys props (no pun intended) for scrapping it out the old school way to build your time.
@Boots2Wings
I see you’re one of them. If you’re looking to move on you got guys listening to you pulling for you to make the jump to the next job!

KLB

I fly a lot of west coast from ORD. I don’t know who alpine air is but I hear you all the time holding over BFE airports in Montana/Dakotas until the visibility comes up. I don’t miss those days flying cargo but it was great experience. Just wanted to give you guys props (no pun intended) for scrapping it out the old school way to build your time.
@Boots2Wings
I see you’re one of them. If you’re looking to move on you got guys listening to you pulling for you to make the jump to the next job!

From what I'm hearing, making the jump has becone more accessible to those who have gone that route. Ameriflight has gotten a program that gives candidates an opportunity to interview with UPS. I don't know how much of a success thr program is to candidates, but it could be a good deal if all parties are serious about it.

Boots2Wings

@Boots2Wings
Thanks for that, its great to hear we arent all the red headed step children of the business ;)
Sometime in the nearish future ill move to something else, but i really am enjoying the flying and the QoL.
I wanted to do this job mainly because after so much teaching from the right seat, i wanted to “walk the walk” and really work on my hand flying skills....which i certainly get to a-lot now.

DE727UPS

I flew for Corporate Air back in 86. They are still around and wouldn't be surprised if some of those Aero Commanders still are, too.

I haven't seen any Amflight new hires here yet. Maybe too soon. I did see a recent FB post where their recruiting told someone it was a direct path to UPS. I followed on that it's just a guaranteed interview and they didn't respond. Hope they are being honest with people.

jhugz

#lighttwin Mafia
Alpine was our counterpart up in the dakota's when I flew for Landmark Aviation/Encore Air Cargo/Business Aviation Couriers. They were good dudes and it was a good job. I die a little inside every time I do an autoland to CAT I mins when I used to shoot 1800 RVR approaches hand flown, no gps, no ap, no fd in the metro. It was great memories...though I don't think I'd be able to hack it anymore...

Thanks for that, its great to hear we arent all the red headed step children of the business ;)
Sometime in the nearish future ill move to something else, but i really am enjoying the flying and the QoL.
I wanted to do this job mainly because after so much teaching from the right seat, i wanted to “walk the walk” and really work on my hand flying skills....which i certainly get to a-lot now.
I'm here in SLC, what're the mins to get hired to fly a BE99?

Are you guys hiring?

Inverted

The journey is the meat in the goal sandwich
Still dont get why anyone flies for those dumpy companies now days....

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Alpine was our counterpart up in the dakota's when I flew for Landmark Aviation/Encore Air Cargo/Business Aviation Couriers. They were good dudes and it was a good job. I die a little inside every time I do an autoland to CAT I mins when I used to shoot 1800 RVR approaches hand flown, no gps, no ap, no fd in the metro. It was great memories...though I don't think I'd be able to hack it anymore...
It comes right back, trust me.

Boots2Wings

To time build and get to 1500 hrs.
Almost everyone comes here and stays well past 1500. Most of us tend to enjoy it enough that we just shoot for 1000 turbine pic or 1 year in the 1900 (after which we have a pretty solid flow to Omni, that has actually panned out for multiple guys since i started work here).
Typicaly we hire at 135mins, but depending on the person sometimes well bring them on and pay as an FO until mins

Stone Cold

Enjoy the time, and cherish every moment. I heard a Starcheck on the radio last month and had a flood of memories come back. It's quality time with quality stories to go along with it.

I miss my freight days. I don't miss Minneapolis winters. Hear that, @JEP. Keep that crap up there. And, I'm still not going ice fishing!

Enjoy the time, and cherish every moment. I heard a Starcheck on the radio last month and had a flood of memories come back. It's quality time with quality stories to go along with it.

I miss my freight days. I don't miss Minneapolis winters. Hear that, @JEP. Keep that crap up there. And, I'm still not going ice fishing!
Jack Nasty used to go fishin', but he never brought home any fish!

DE727UPS

I don't miss the the 135 UPS stuff. But the Convair job that came after that, now that was epic. Good thing they went out of business when they did and good thing I washed out of ATC school.