1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Almost at 1500 Hours need new job

Discussion in 'Jobs Needed' started by Tutoki, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Tutoki

Tutoki New Member

I'm finally getting close to ATP minimum.

Total Time:1404
    Pilot in Command: 1321
    Multi-engine: 308
    Instrument: 120
    Night: 71
    Cross country: 662
    *Currently employ and flying PA-22(250)

I applied to the one of the regional that I want to work for (Piedmont), but I got rejected because I fail 4 out of 5 check rides. However, on my fail check ride, there is NO re-train at all just reschedule and go fly the next day and pass it. (On the paper it say CFI did give me training for legality) I got all of my licenses from 0 to 230 hours within 5 months periods from Private to Commerical Multi. I have learned a lot from my mistake during the check ride, but the sting from failing 4 check rides really hurt.

At this point, I don't know if there any regional airline would take me. I am willing to relocate, but I would prefer west coast. If you guys have any lead or know any regional that would still hire me please let me know. Thank you!

PS: I don't mind the hard truth.

2. bb10pilot

bb10pilot Well-Known Member

The truth is in this climate you will find a regional airline that will employ you. Apply to all of them, go to the interviews, and see what offers you get.

Yakob likes this.
  3. Itchy

Itchy Well-Known Member

Raise the flag and see who salutes!

4. flybywp

flybywp Well-Known Member

4 checkrides is a bit excessive, especially when you consider that it is 4 out of 5. They want you to be successful, as failing a 121 checkride and washing out would be a major black mark. With that said, I know a few people who have similar number of busts and were hired at multiple regionals within the last year. You'll never know until you apply. Learn from your past mistakes and don't let failing in the 121 world be an option, or that could really cause you some problems. Good luck!

Tutoki likes this.
  5. Jordan93

Jordan93 Well-Known Member

Apply to all the regionals. I'm sure you'll get hired somewhere.

Yakob likes this.
  6. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Navajo Whisperer

As a former TriPacer owner I'm curious about who's put 250 ponies in one.

7. bimmerphile

bimmerphile Open-Air Member

I'm guessing pa23/250
    but I'm hoping it's a tripacer with 250hp...

Cazadores and Roger Roger like this.
  8. Tutoki

Tutoki New Member

I meant to say PA23-250 Aztec

9. Yakob

Yakob Well-Known Member

I would apply to other regionals and see what happens. In today's hiring climate, I'm sure at lest one will be willing to hire you. I was hired at my current employer last fall after washing out at a different regional, and I was also in an accident a few years ago. It seems like Piedmont has higher standards as they were not willing to interview me when I applied to them, probably because of the accident, while many others were. So definitely apply elsewhere, I'd at least apply to Envoy and PSA as they pay about the same as Piedmont and also have a flow to American.

Also, I actually know someone who was hired at a regional recently who had a similar number of checkride failures, perhaps even more (although I think a lot of them were 141 stage checks). He seemed to get bad test anxiety. But they hired him anyway, so I would think you'd definitely have a shot. Best of luck with your job search.

Tutoki likes this.
  10. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member

Someone will hire you....Mesa for sure if you run out of better options. That being said, re-checking without retraining and falsified training records? Yikes....not so sure I'd be putting that all over the internet. Aviation is a small community....

Stone Cold and Yakob like this.
  11. z987k

z987k TeamANC

I was to.

12. Tutoki

Tutoki New Member

Well, I can't say they didn't retrain me because on the paper it did say they retrain me.

For my private, the examiner asked me to divert to Napa Airport. I have no idea where that is. I ask the ATC where it was and could I get the heading to fly to. Examiner was mad that I didn't know where it was. I got nervous, then I flew the wrong VFR altitude. When I come back my instructor told me to memorized the map and airport around the areas. (I guess that count as a retraining?) Then we reschedule the next day and pass it.

Now, I always fly the correct the VFR altitude :) When I say no retrain, I meant to say no actual extra flight time if that make sense.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
  13. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member

Which is still not legit....If you fail the flight portion, you have to log flight training with an instructor who will then re-endorse you.

Yakob likes this.
  14. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member

Whatever happened is already done and sounds like it's in the relatively distant past...but I'd still leave it off the public internet if I were you. You never know who's reading these threads.

Tutoki likes this.
  15. daydreamer

daydreamer Well-Known Member

So what I am getting at is that you are receiving your flight retraining in the form of a ground school but they are signing you off as if you actually went in the air again and got retrained.

ATP flight school?

At his point, learn front man your mistakes and move forward

My former classmate is a current GOJET CAPTAIN

Failed his IFR, commercial multi(2x) and failed his CFI initial.
    Go figure.

Tutoki likes this.
  16. Tutoki

Tutoki New Member

Gee Thanks! I was a student pilot then I didn't know better.

17. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

Worst I've met had seven checkride failures, including 135 failures. Flies a Lear.

A150K and Tutoki like this.
  18. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member

I knew a guy who literally failed every checkride on the first try and still got a 121 job. Only in this job market...

19. A150K

A150K Well-Known Member

Yeah, it wasn't your job to know it back then...That being said, I will say knowlege is power for whatever that's worth. The more you have, the better you are at CYA should the need arise ;)

Tutoki likes this.
  20. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

I don't believe 7Fail would be able to get any job requiring a sim evaluation....

A150K likes this.