Allergies, Big sneeze is #2

FloridaLarry

Every place has allergies. You get to pick location based on what the local allergens are. Plus, your allergies are likely to change during your lifetime. Good allergy MDs are worth their weight, but not all qualify. Some allergies are much easier to control than others.

My last allergy test (2 yrs ago), the Doc pencil-whipped the results, and said "Dust mites." May be true, but I declined the 2x-weekly shot routine since his office was 45 min away, and they make you wait a half hour to insure that you don't get anaphylactic shock from the injection. I have had partial relief from careful attention to washing bedding (hot H2O, bleach, don't skip weeks), filtered fan in bedroom, more frequent changing of better AC filters, pillow & mattress anti-mite covers, regular vacuuming with super-filtered vac, etc. Haven't been ready to rip out carpet in bedroom yet. Now trying sinus irrigation before bed - basically a cross between a water-pik and a neti-pot, w/ saline & distilled water. Ten minutes, including the equipment clean-up.

YMMV - uhhh - YM will V.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Now trying sinus irrigation before bed - basically a cross between a water-pik and a neti-pot, w/ saline & distilled water. Ten minutes, including the equipment clean-up.
I have one of those. My problem with it is that it works great if my nose isn’t clogged, but at the first sniffle the water won’t pass to the other nostril and just goes down my throat.

FloridaLarry

I have one of those. My problem with it is that it works great if my nose isn’t clogged, but at the first sniffle the water won’t pass to the other nostril and just goes down my throat.
Helps to blow your nose thoroughly first. If you can clear things out. Uses up a lot of Amazon 'Kleenex.'

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Helps to blow your nose thoroughly first. If you can clear things out. Uses up a lot of Amazon 'Kleenex.'
Oh believe me I try. But when my allergies start kicking in theres just no help. My sinus’ swell so much that that blocks my nose as much as any mucus.