Allergies, Big sneeze is #2

A80TRACON

My brother lived there for a bit when he worked for BOA. Baxter village. Not my thing as I have an aversion to suburbia, but as far as those things go it was pretty nice.
I lived in Ft. Mill for 2 years. Liked the area. We were in some apartments one exit south of Carowinds.
Before the area exploded (Rock Hill/Ft. Mill) it was nice and quiet/slow...kinda like the north GA mountains.

@DeltaAlphaNovember we were at the end of the Carowinds exit while our house was being built. Times, they have changed.

DeltaAlphaNovember

To be on topic, I had an allergy test done 7-8 years ago. Certain type of grass and a certain type of tree were highest on the list. Unfortunately I do not remember which ones they were. Once I left NC and moved to TN my allergies were better for a while. But now they are back in full swing again. Usually the worst during the first big pollination ofthe season.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
To be on topic, I had an allergy test done 7-8 years ago. Certain type of grass and a certain type of tree were highest on the list. Unfortunately I do not remember which ones they were. Once I left NC and moved to TN my allergies were better for a while. But now they are back in full swing again. Usually the worst during the first big pollination ofthe season.
If it was right at that 5-7 year mark check with an allergist. Lotta help for folks out there.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I've been told by a few people to use local honey and that helps with allergies. Not the store brand stuff. Not sure if that is true or not.
I'm the wrong guy to ask, I have no faith in the honey thing, and truthfully most places will sell you the pollen which is more snake oil but I'm the wrong guy to ask because... I just keep thinking of awful things to say about homoepathy so I keep putting in "I'm the wrong guy to ask".

Allergist, don't wait, just go. My sister is having amazing results and it's sciencey stuff, and her QOL is so much higher.

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
That's my problem with the prospect of living in Australia.
Near the hotel we stay in on SYD overnights there is a cliff where a lot of people go fishing. They have a sign they update with how many people have died there in the current year due to changing tides. Still not sure if it’s a warning or if they’re bragging because it’s below the national average.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Near the hotel we stay in on SYD overnights there is a cliff where a lot of people go fishing. They have a sign they update with how many people have died there in the current year due to changing tides. Still not sure if it’s a warning or if they’re bragging because it’s below the national average.
I mean, it might be a competition for high score

z987k

I'm the wrong guy to ask, I have no faith in the honey thing, and truthfully most places will sell you the pollen which is more snake oil but I'm the wrong guy to ask because... I just keep thinking of awful things to say about homoepathy so I keep putting in "I'm the wrong guy to ask".

Allergist, don't wait, just go. My sister is having amazing results and it's sciencey stuff, and her QOL is so much higher.
I doubt that's homeopathy. The honey thing isn't.(I have no idea if it works, but it's not Homeopathy) Homeopathy would be taking the pollen, putting it in water, diluting it until there's not a single molecule of pollen, and then calling that a cure. So.. a $40 vial of water.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Basically what the honey thing is supposed to do is basically be a less effective method of allergy shots. By consuming local honey, theoretically it contains the same pollen that you’re allergic to, and basically through constant exposure your body is supposed to build an immunity (or at least learn to disregard it).

Soul Brotha'

That's my problem with the prospect of living in Australia.
My brother has lived there(Adelaide) for 10 years. People, food, weather etc are awesome. The only thing he bitches about is the critters and creatures. He claims that everything is trying to kill him. Get over that and it’s a great place to live.

This year I will go see a Dr. about my allergies. I’m tired of being miserable for a few weeks out of the year.

poser765

Almost my whole life I’ve never been allergic to anything. I can sleep with 3 cats on my head and nary a sniffle. I can even tolerate exposure to poison ivy/oak without breaking out....but...

My ex had....something I was allergic to. Never found out what. Showed up when she moved in, went away when she moved out.

The one thing I am highly allergic to is Phoenix.The desert mold wrecks me. It starts after landing and doesn’t go away until I’ve showered at home and run all my clothes through the wash.

Stupid desert.
Yeah so, I stupid allergic to East Texas but since we moved I’ve acclimated a bit. The place that kills me is Las Vegas. Like absolutely destroys me. Who’d of thought. Vegas. I’m the desert.

desert mold, huh? That’s good to know.