1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Allegiant Hiring

Discussion in 'Flight Control/Dispatch' started by Doolittle, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Doolittle

Doolittle Well-Known Member

2. Foxtrot_Mulder

Foxtrot_Mulder Well-Known Member

Any chance of getting on at Allegiant without dispatch experience?

3. derriko

derriko Well-Known Member

You used to be able to, but the philosophy has changed . A good amount got on in the past couple years with no experience, but those days are over.

4. MrSlaps

MrSlaps Well-Known Member

The last class was all prior experience, not like what you'd expect going to a major, but just around a year was the norm. A few dispatchers from the two classes that preceded that were from a CTI background with no dispatch experience.

Delta Echo likes this.
  5. Itchy

Itchy Well-Known Member

Check the fuel and NOTAMs. Just sayin...

6. Delta Echo

Delta Echo Well-Known Member

Last class all had a minimum of 1 year experience, the ones with the most were closer to two years. There have been at least 4 or 5 people hired in over the last year and a half with no dispatch experience, but as MrSlaps noted, all had completed CTI (ATC) training. One of the hires in the last class was ATC prior to dispatch, though Allegiant was not their first dispatch stop.

Finally, I will add we only got approval for 2 hires this class and both positions will be for backfill so no actual growth even though we could easily use another 5 on top of these two...

If you have any further questions, drop me a PM.

MrSlaps likes this.
  7. pilotmike327

pilotmike327 Well-Known Member

Wow, only 2? I know of at least 5 at my current shop that will apply. Best of luck to all who apply!

MrSlaps likes this.
  8. derriko

Probably has to do with the Union negotiations. The company did the typical thinly veiled threat thing about the budget being frozen, etc.

We need more than 2, easily. And that will probably change to 3 if the dispatch trainer position goes internal.

Delta Echo and MrSlaps like this.
  9. Delta Echo

While I don't doubt that at all, there have also been rumblings of the finances getting even tighter due to the bill on 12 new Airbuses coming due. Yet this place continues to report quarter after quarter profit, will that change, we shall see soon.

10. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

That will barely put a dent on the balance sheet, currently the most profitable airline in the world with 30% margin.

11. Delta Echo

Depends on how much of the previous profit is left in the bank. Besides buying new planes has to show somewhere in the numbers.

12. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

This was a leftover order somebody else backed out of and they aren't paying full retail which is about 100 million per jet. The deal is somewhere around 40 million each, correct me if I'm wrong? The payment for the new 320ceos will be offset by 20 more seats per plane(186 vs 166) and a 25% fuel savings vs the old MD80's most of that order will replace. I don't think it will change the current 30% operating margin much considering the order is not a significant percentage of the total fleet.

13. derriko

Airlines all get planes penny on the dollar when bought new so that's not surprising. Don't know if the 60% off thing is true but it sounds about right compared to what others get.

14. Delta Echo

First penny on the dollar is very relative considering the million dollar list price for a new bird. I think UA is the closest to getting a "penny on the dollar" deal with the 73Gs that they converted to MAXs, yet to see if that will inflate the price.

As for additional seats, fuel burn, etc. revenue off that may help offset the costs of the plane over time, but this is something that is new ground for G4 whose mantra of. "don't worry about seeing savings benefit down the road, just focus on squeezing profit out of today" has long ruled the roost.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Austin7 likes this.
  15. derriko

Well if Maury's "1 billion investment into the company" statement was true then hopefully that is changing as we speak.

16. Delta Echo

So far there has been very little to show of that.

derriko likes this.
  17. pcstan

pcstan Stupidly Optimistic

Does anyone have any experience with the company culture, QOL, working conditions, pay, etc?

18. mrezee

mrezee Living the dream!

TBNT received last night. Oh well.

19. derriko

12 year scale from 27 to 43.50 + holiday pay + vacation + 2 bonuses a year + ample overtime

4x10 shifts that start wayyyy early since Vegas is Pacific time zone and most of our flights are out of Florida i.e. 12:15am/1am/1:30am type starts are the majority and what you will be on for a few years to start.

Our dispatch software is a pile of garbage. If you are used to Sabre you better forget everything you know about it because you will want to cry trying to use NavTech.

I wont touch on the quality of life thing because with the Union recently voted in, things are going to durastically change in the coming months. At the moment I would say QOL is good.

At the end of the year we are supposed to be moving the SOC into a new building specifically designed for that purpose so that is pretty exciting.

If you think of Vegas and think of the "Strip," that is not real Vegas. Henderson, Summerlin, etc. are some of the nicest suburbs I've been in and there is a ton of stuff to do not to mention all the outdoor activities available here. Wonderful place to live.

Rincoln, BigAki88 and manniax like this.
  20. CS0290

CS0290 Well-Known Member

Ah Navtech ain't so bad! As long as it's programmed and developed properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mainline_or_bust and Delta Echo like this.