Alaska Air faulty WOW sensor

SeanD

A shameful CGI model; improperly cranked vertical fin, no overwing exits, engines on pylons instead of the innovative 737 spars, some kind of weird gear door that covers half the wheel. GOD IT'S LIKE THEY DON'T CARE!!!
Brought to you by the geniuses behind SyFy Channel mega hits, Sharktapuss, Dinoshark, Mansquito and Pirhanamonkey

moxiepilot

when my wife and I watched this on the news last night, I threw my hands up and exclamed, "Oh Noooooooo, the autopilot disengaged!" To which she replied:

"Good thing those pilots knew how to manually fly an aircraft; you know, do their job..." Right on queue, no prompting, and from a non-pilot. I luv her.

dasleben

That's just, like, your opinion, man
You guys can't make fun of the media, then immediately buy into it hook, line, and sinker. :)

Can't speak for a 737, but in another Boeing product, the jet stuck in "ground" mode entails much more than an autopilot disconnect.

TFaudree_ERAU

Mashin' dem buttons
I have a story about a Challenger having one prox switch (WOW switch) being stuck in ground mode...but that's to be told over a beer.

TFaudree_ERAU

Mashin' dem buttons
Quiet down. Everyone knows if you're a jet pilot, you're a hack who can't hand fly. :)
I'm not sure if it's a "fortunately" or "unfortunately" type of thing, but it occurred in a phase of flight during which I had no choice but to hand fly.