AK midair

Old Boeing Driver

Wasn't is an Aztec and a Beaver? Unconfirmed, but it appears the Aztec was N1904T and the Beaver was N4982U

Last edited:

Old Boeing Driver

The FlightAware info shows N1904T is a PA23-250, and is an older model Aztec. It took off from Soldotna at 08:24 and "landed" at 08:26. The article mentioned High Adventure Air Charter, based on Longmere Lake in Soldotna. They have a Beaver, N4982U. One of the deceased is Greg Bell, one of the family members who own High Adventures. It appears Rep. Knopp was the sole occupant of the Aztec. Prayers sent for all involved.

Old Boeing Driver

Thanks. Is the Tail Number they are publishing incorrect then?

EDIT: I think I see the error there are still reports that N1904T is a PA23-250 Aztec, but it's really a Super Cub.

Space Monkey

I was betting on the adsb code being wrong.
RIP, all. :(

Seems unlikely in this case that inward focus on shiny panel boxes displaying blinking lights and magenta lines would have anything to do with a mid-air. While pilots in the lower 48 are increasingly engaging in those inwardly-absorbed shenanigans, most pilots in AK are still looking outside.

Gotta look outside - especially near airports at low altitudes.

:(

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
RIP, all. :(

Seems unlikely in this case that inward focus on shiny panel boxes displaying blinking lights and magenta lines would have anything to do with a mid-air. While pilots in the lower 48 are increasingly engaging in those inwardly-absorbed shenanigans, most pilots in AK are still looking outside.

Gotta look outside - especially near airports at low altitudes.

:(
The only speculation about ADSB is pertaining to why the news got the original aircraft type and possibly tail # wrong. Nothing more.

also, nice try crop duster, you’re still kind of a luddite.