Airline Dispatchers Federation Summit (Conference)

bbmikej

Downtown Chicago is pricey but there are some cheaper hotels there if you can't get a roommate.
You could probably go a little further out also but still near a rail line. Yeah you might spend 45+ minutes each way, but if it saves $100 a night, why not?

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
You could probably go a little further out also but still near a rail line. Yeah you might spend 45+ minutes each way, but if it saves $100 a night, why not?
You don’t have to go that far (although by using the El, you certainly could.) There are cheaper places in downtown...Club Quarters, La Quinta, Hyatt Place, etc. Probably a mile or less from the Double Tree. I would just do a search on a travel website and look for the cheapest rate in downtown if money is an issue. (Orbitz, Kayak, Hotwire, etc.) There’s also a hostel downtown if you don’t mind sharing your room.

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
What's the dress code for this event? Business formal or Business Casual?
I'd say it's more casual than business casual. I usually wear jeans and a polo shirt. If you want to dress up you can wear Dockers but it's really up to you. I try and go for comfort but I think a polo shirt would be better than a t-shirt.