Airbus A330

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
Just watched the first vid (the SwissAir one). IMO, doesn't look that fun at all. Seems the airplane was doing all the flying. What was that, Auto-Trim? I guess the pilots got to hold and push TBW throttle levers and pretend they were connected to something other than a computer, but even that imitation of control was ordered by a computer voice. Hmmm. Very, Borg-ish; Very unnerving.
Fly by wire. Having a trim switch on a FBW jet is like having a hand crank on a calculator. Gives you the impression of being needed.

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Do they exist?
Do they have different boxes for essentially the same panel?

The ATR-42/72 sim was the same they just changed out the throttle quadrant for the different flaps and throttle settings.

...or am I being dense?

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Do they exist?
I'd guess it's just a software flip from the 32X/319 sims. The Frontier guys would probably know as they only got rid of the thing 5 years ago I think.

I rode on the jumpseat a bunch (because there were nowhere near enough seats in the back) and I'll I remember is that the guys would mostly using heading and VS mode because the gain on the autopilot was set for the same loading and weight of a 319 so it tended to overfly the plane.

Derg

New Arizona, Il Duce/Warlord
Staff member
We just have 320 sims. According to what we were told (no clue if it's true or not but @PeanuckleCRJ would know) that 321 simulators don't exist so I figure the same must be true for the 319s as there really aren't any procedural or tangible control differences like having a 767 and a 757 simulator which do have a good amount.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
We just have 320 sims. According to what we were told (no clue if it's true or not but @PeanuckleCRJ would know) that 321 simulators don't exist so I figure the same must be true for the 319s as there really aren't any procedural or tangible control differences like having a 767 and a 757 simulator which do have a good amount.
I'm fairly certain I've seen a 321 sim in the bay in Charlotte.
That said, The 32X/319/19 all would be about the same, minus weight and tail strike differences.

Der rote Baron

They exist, we used the Swiss Aviation and LH Training A321 Sims.