Air Serv International

zombie5225

I am very interested in applying for ASIs F/O program sometime in the next few years. I was wondering if there is anyone on the board that has any experience with ASI. What do they look for in potential pilots? I know that the average flight times are very high, but what about F/O applicants?

Thanks for any info!!

sbav8r

I can't really help yo too much other than tell you what's on the website. 400TT CAMEL. Looks like a hell of a lot of fun though I imagine very dangerous at times.

ready2fly

THis is from their website:

MINIMUM EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS

PILOT QUALIFICATIONS
Captain of Aircraft US License PIC Turbine PIC ME PIC
Single Engine Recip FAA CPL/IR 1200
Single Engine Turbine FAA CPL/IR 1500 100
Multi Engine Turbine FAA CPL/ME 1800 100 500

Please Note:

- These are minimum qualifications. Meeting these qualifications does not necessarily indicate sufficient experience for all postings. Average flight time of current crew is much higher.
- For a First Officer applicant we require 400 hours total time, commercial pilot's certificate, airplane multi-engine land and instrument ratings.

zombie5225

I knew about the time requirements. I just don't want send in my resume and have them tell me that they only hire with 1000TT and bush flying experience. What I meant to ask in the last post is is there anyone on the board that has any experience working with Air Serv, or have any friends that do.

Thanks!

IrishSheepdog

Sitting in the median
I looked into them. If you start with them as an FO, expect a salary of around $16,500, but with no taxes. You would be assigned to the King Air 200, and would be flying in either Jordan (Iraq relief) or Afghanistan. It seems like GREAT flying. Expect a while in the right seat. Plus, they said that they really want people who are single. It becomes a bear trying to fly overseas when you are married or what not.