Air operators certificate

speedbird

Hi, I am considering starting my own air taxi/charter company. Initially with one aircraft, a cessna 402 or PA-31 navajo, then in time, and in luck, acquire a citation.

What requirements do I need to fullfill in order for an AOC to be granted? Or where can I get this information from?

And has anyone who has done a similar venture got any advice?

thanks guys

Baronman

Ask Tenney...... look under the perspectives section on the initial jetcareers page under his name. I think he did something similar out of Florida.

ready2fly

Make sure - DOUBLY and TRIPLE-ly SURE that it is registered, licensed and legal!!

I am working on a case right now where a couple ran their own charter, had a crash killing all the pax, but the pilot/owner lived - and they were NOT a legal charter/air taxi company.

Sad thing is - there are a TON of illegal charter/air taxi operations in operation.

JT should be able to point you in the right direction as far as getting the proper paperwork from the proper authorities since he's been a part of such a company (a legal entity that is).

Best of luck!!
And... oh .... when you getter up and running - I'll be glad to be a pilot for you!
Drop me a line when you're at that point and I'll gladly provide my resume' with references.

R2F

Mr_Creepy

Check with your local FSDO. Rules are supposed to be nationwide but every FSDO has it's own way of doing things.

Be preapred to spend 3-9 months getting it done.

EatSleepFly

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I am considering starting my own air taxi/charter company.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're nuts!

Just kidding...sort of...good luck.

ready2fly

[ QUOTE ]
Be preapred to spend 3-9 months getting it done.

[/ QUOTE ]
Which is one of the reasons why there are a lot of unlicensed/illegal charter ops.

Folks start thinking "well, I have a plane... I can start making money now......."

Don't start thinking that way.

Follow JT's suggestion and start with your local FSDO and get what you need. It may take a while, but in the end, you will be glad you followed the rules.

davetheflyer

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, I am considering starting my own air taxi/charter company.... And has anyone who has done a similar venture got any advice?

[/ QUOTE ]

The traditional advice is to make a small fortune in aviation, first start with a large fortune.

Seriously, good luck and keep us posted.