Aerial View

rframe

pǝʇɹǝʌuı
See any tankers at the smoke jumper center? The couple little FireBoss tankers we have over the border here have been pretty busy, wondering if the Neptunes are over at MSO.

nocturnalaviator

Family Man
See any tankers at the smoke jumper center? The couple little FireBoss tankers we have over the border here have been pretty busy, wondering if the Neptunes are over at MSO.
Yes sir the P2s were alive and well at MSO. Pretty cool to see those guys rush out and in. I didn't see any 146s though. Our chief pilots bro is from MSO and now flies charter for Neptune. Beautiful area!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Cal Goat

Prestige Worldwide™
Ah, memories. Missoula is one of my favorite places on Earth. Can't wait to go back again someday.

nocturnalaviator

Family Man
I see the smoke hasn't made it up there. The entire state of Idaho is on fire.
Oh no the smoke was indeed there. Had to get pop up IFR put the hoses up my nose and climb to the MEA. The day after we couldnt take pics because the winds kept the smoke over our job area we were stuck in MSO for two days, horrors ;).. A north wind pushed it all back to the south and we blasted out headed for grand junk

nocturnalaviator

Family Man
buddy of ours who used to work for us took us to a dive strip joint just outside of town next to a truck stop. Also got to see The Stone Foxes play at The Top Hat bar, awesome band highly recommend!

rframe

pǝʇɹǝʌuı
I see the smoke hasn't made it up there. The entire state of Idaho is on fire.
You got that right, we were about 3 miles in flight visibility Friday night. My student took his PPSEL checkride Saturday and they got 1/2 way through the flight but had to do a discontinuance due to the poor visibility in smoke.

z987k

You got that right, we were about 3 miles in flight visibility Friday night. My student took his PPSEL checkride Saturday and they got 1/2 way through the flight but had to do a discontinuance due to the poor visibility in smoke.
1.75sm this morning. VFR :cool:.