Acro

Low&Slow

Ancora imparo
Anyone have experience flying aerobatics in an Acro Sport II?
I'm looking for the least expensive way to get into aerobatics with two seats, and that aircraft looks like it might be the ticket.
It's my understanding that it is rated at +4/-2G.
I was trying to find a partner and get something together, but so far I have found ZERO pilots interested in aerobatics, which has completely surprised me, so I'm on my own.

Last edited:

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
I know a guy that has time in type, a solid aerobatic background (instruction & competition), & also an A&P-IA. No matter what angle you'll want to know about - he'll know.

Fire away.

Stone Cold

Anyone have experience flying aerobatics in an Acro Sport II?
I'm looking for the least expensive way to get into aerobatics with two seats, and that aircraft looks like it might be the ticket.
It's my understanding that it is rated at +4/-2G.
I was trying to find a partner and get something together, but so far I have found ZERO pilots interested in aerobatics, which has completely surprised me, so I'm on my own.
If you live in Florida, let's talk! I'd love to get into aerobatics.

CFI A&P

Yep. I need to get down to Patty's one of these days.
A guy named Spencer was just announced as one of her instructors, he's a long time Pitts pilot and even holds a couple records for inverted spins.

IAC is pretty active in the northern half of the state, try chapter 288 (Daytona) or 89 (Ocala).

Low&Slow

Ancora imparo
Yeah, that's a little far to travel. You can't find any of our MRDSCC to partner up with you? I know we have quite a few guys living around YIP.
Not sure what MRDSCC means, and google is stumped as well. I'm close to LAN or BEH, depending on the day of the week.
I rarely ever go to the East side of the mitten.

CFI A&P

Surprisingly I’ve had more pukers in level flight than aerobatic flight.

Bananas are a good choice, as well as eat your regular meals leading up to the flight. Skipping a meal will affect blood sugar levels, body temperature and is a sure fire way to induce air sickness.

Last edited:

WacoFan

Bigly
I got to fly a Skybolt one summer and I really liked it. Friend built an Acrosport about 30 years ago and it was a nice little plane.