About that Caravan training. . . .

DrBenny

So, how much would it cost? Members of the board have already pointed out the fact that you don't get a type rating, but that insurance will most definitely require it. Is there an actual 208 on premises, or is it a sim? Also, do you get the float rating with it, or can you add that rating?

chunk75

huh? Did I miss something? The only caravan training I know about @ VRB is trying not to get smacked by one of the FedEx ones in the pattern.

rausda27

FlightSafety offers Cessna Caravan (208) training at the Wichita, Kansas center. These are the courses they offer.

CARAVAN I (CE-208) Initial 6-day course On Request Wichita, KS
CARAVAN I (CE-208) Instrument Single Engine 3-day course On Request Wichita, KS
CARAVAN I (CE-208) Recurrent 3-day course On Request Wichita, KS

I would contact them directly, try www.flightsafety.com for more information. Hope this helps.
D

cime_sp

Flight Safetey Academy is quite separate and different from the Flight Safety Inc training centers located throughout the country despite the common ownership.

DrBenny

[ QUOTE ]
The Caravan has a type rating? It's over 12.500lbs?

[/ QUOTE ]Which is why I said that the board members have pointed out that you don't get a type rating for the Caravan. (I had thought, originally, that a type rating was needed for anything turbine.)

DrBenny

[ QUOTE ]
FlightSafety offers Cessna Caravan (208) training at the Wichita, Kansas center. These are the courses they offer.

CARAVAN I (CE-208) Initial 6-day course On Request Wichita, KS
CARAVAN I (CE-208) Instrument Single Engine 3-day course On Request Wichita, KS
CARAVAN I (CE-208) Recurrent 3-day course On Request Wichita, KS

I would contact them directly, try www.flightsafety.com for more information. Hope this helps.
D

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks, it does help.

cime_sp

A type rating is needed for anything turbo-jet. That includes old style jet engines and the newer turbofans....what we all consider to be jet engines. Turboprops DO NOT need type ratings unless >12,500# or unless that plane has been deemed by "the administrator" to require one