AAL Scheduling glitch

L-16B

Come on these are things we already knew haha
I’d say all in all this is a huge win. No more 10 day off lines worth 76 hours. Now they would have to pay 102 hours, and can’t be built that way regardless. So more days off overall. I’m sure some lineholders that don’t currently fly redeyes will have to fly them now and will complain but overall I’m pleased with what Carey got us. Curious if it’s a rig like America West or a min calendar day but details coming out soon.

No more slash trips on your RJ.

Kingairer

Doesn’t sound like it’s a for sure thing yet, but a good outcome outta this thing of it happens. It’d prolly be in the companies interest to make calendar in effect now to get some of these redeyes out of open time.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
I’d say all in all this is a huge win. No more 10 day off lines worth 76 hours. Now they would have to pay 102 hours, and can’t be built that way regardless. So more days off overall. I’m sure some lineholders that don’t currently fly redeyes will have to fly them now and will complain but overall I’m pleased with what Carey got us. Curious if it’s a rig like America West or a min calendar day but details coming out soon.

No more slash trips on your RJ.
Did you say 10 day off lines? That's a thing?

L-16B

Yeah. We had it on the east. Took six calendar days to credit 20-22 hours. Min days off for lineholders is 10 days off, which will now be impossible as you would credit 100+ hours with an average day of 5:15. The line construction window isn’t allowed to be that high with the PBS rules.

learhawkerbe400

Only very few of them. PHX 757 is an example. All 3 day Hawaii trips worth 11ish mostly.

The company publishes all sorts of bidding charts each month. One shows average days to reach 85 hours for the different fleets. The average is typically in the 15s.

learhawkerbe400

Yeah. We had it on the east. Took six calendar days to credit 20-22 hours. Min days off for lineholders is 10 days off, which will now be impossible as you would credit 100+ hours with an average day of 5:15. The line construction window isn’t allowed to be that high with the PBS rules.
Only if you flew all redeyes. Which most people were able to bid sheet out of.

wheelsup

Only very few of them. PHX 757 is an example. All 3 day Hawaii trips worth 11ish mostly.

The company publishes all sorts of bidding charts each month. One shows average days to reach 85 hours for the different fleets. The average is typically in the 15s.
Yeah but to be fair you overnight for 24-30 hours in various Hawaiian islands several times a week...

wheelsup

Just be careful what you wish for. Those lower credit days will have turns thrown in making them less favorable for commuters. The company is not going to schedule the red eyes they have for 15 hrs of pay.

learhawkerbe400

Just be careful what you wish for. Those lower credit days will have turns thrown in making them less favorable for commuters. The company is not going to schedule the red eyes they have for 15 hrs of pay.
That’s fine. 11 hr 3 days are unacceptable.

A lot of the smash trips on the 190 have a turn on the front and/or back end already and still only pay 12 or 13.

L-16B

I absolutely hope they tag on turns to make them worth more. Commuters may get less commutable stuff but more days off.