AA parking half their fleet as well.

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
If I understand this correctly, until the code share customer tells us to cancel. That way we get paid for the flight. Had two legs yesterday that weren't terrible, 23/76 and 28/76, on that route EWR-MUHA, they are usually close to full. I've seen some random cancellations where I guess the code share partner is trying to save the fuel cost.

Next month all three majors have GREATLY reduced the flights that they are having us do.
Back when I was at the regionals, some goofy stuff was done in the name of completion factor. Operating planes with the gear pinned down on revenue flights, single pack/no APU when it was unsafe

web265

Back when I was at the regionals, some goofy stuff was done in the name of completion factor. Operating planes with the gear pinned down on revenue flights, single pack/no APU when it was unsafe
Luckily, I haven't seen anything that bad.......

n156499000

Titanius Anglesmith
Cant forget the classic 20hr delay for cascading maintenance/weather/duty issues. Flying an empty jet for dat completion factor...
And also calling the outstation tower to have them report weather at minimums when it’s clearly well below just so we can say we gave it a try only to end up delaying the flight to 23 hours after originally scheduled to make completion.

Got IFR current in one day trying in vain to get to Duluth playing that game (didn’t help that MSP was hard IMC either).

jweldon

“Member”
And also calling the outstation tower to have them report weather at minimums when it’s clearly well below just so we can say we gave it a try only to end up delaying the flight to 23 hours after originally scheduled to make completion.

Got IFR current in one day trying in vain to get to Duluth playing that game (didn’t help that MSP was hard IMC either).
Earlier this month we had a crew time out on the last flight to an outstation, and they rolled the delay till they could call us/me at 0500 for a 0700 show. Almost the entire plane had spent the night in the terminal at the same gate because they refused to provide hotels. When we landed the monitors showed 537 minutes delayed...

jweldon

“Member”
Also forgot the constant practice of deadheading an entire crew to an outstation to operate the flight back, while an entire crew is already at that outstation themselves deadheading back to the hub o_O

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
Earlier this month we had a crew time out on the last flight to an outstation, and they rolled the delay till they could call us/me at 0500 for a 0700 show. Almost the entire plane had spent the night in the terminal at the same gate because they refused to provide hotels. When we landed the monitors showed 537 minutes delayed...
I have a screen shot of the United app showing one of our ATL-IAD flights arriving over 18 hours late for maintenance. ATL was my company’s biggest crew, maintenance, etc base.

n156499000

Titanius Anglesmith
One of my last trips in MSP, the company gave up on finding a mechanic on duty at 1:30am after I literally broke the only two planes we had there that night. Flight was delayed until 7:15am when the AM reserves could get there to operate the flight. Poor pax stayed in the terminal all night. I heard from the red coat that DL at least offered them hotels but only two or three passengers took them.

msmspilot

I’ve commuted on that flight...