AA Mech sabotages aircraft

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
Dude deserves what's coming to him. Unconscionable a mechanic would stoop to that level.

That said, AA's management should probably stop being a-holes and bargain in good faith. Actions can have unintended consequences.

AA certainly has issues with labor. This unsurprisingly trickles down to their subsidiaries.

All this guy needed to say is "AA has the worst (cheapest) labor contracts of the big 3 and still under-performs the competition. Why is this a labor issue and not a management issue?" It is a sad truth that management at AA doesn't want to entertain I am sure.

AA is the largest of the big 3 yet makes far less profit than United and Delta. The management team needs to be replaced.

Last edited:

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
I've seen people drive slow, work slow or pretend to be dumb but I've never seen anyone deliberately try to hurt an airplane to get some overtime. I hope this guy gets convicted of the federal crimes he's admitted to, I hope he gets some mental help as well.
Best shot is 50% of that.

z987k

So for Alaska mechanics the ASAP program is worthless and they will throw all your ASAP reports in your face when they fire you? Why would mechanics even fill them out then?
Ya that's certainly how that reads. Sounds like a big safety issue.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Ya that's certainly how that reads. Sounds like a big safety issue.
"Alaska does not comment on specific personnel matters of past and present employees."
except, pulling their asaps and giving them to the press, I assume...

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
"Alaska does not comment on specific personnel matters of past and present employees."
except, pulling their asaps and giving them to the press, I assume...
Did the article say that AS gave those out? I assumed they became public record to a degree because they were part of his lawsuit. Which he lost. Which he deserved to lose by the look of things.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Did the article say that AS gave those out? I assumed they became public record to a degree because they were part of his lawsuit. Which he lost. Which he deserved to lose by the look of things.
It never even crossed my mind that they could show up in that lawsuit. Good point

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Also with his record I’m surprised he didn’t just claim a mistake and ASAP it. It would have been consistent lol.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I never quite got the “I did stuff out of anger at work” because that never ends well.

I don’t know, maybe it’s age but I use that “Risk vs Reward” matrix 24/7/365

Nark

Sheepdog
No it was not. It was criminal. And the criminal justice system is perfectly capable. No need for extrajudicial tribunals or more civil rights taken.
Ya know.... our justice system is perfectly capable of processing terrorists and their crimes.

I can think of a few folks enjoying the bologna sandwiches at Florence and Terre Haute.

z987k

Ya know.... our justice system is perfectly capable of processing terrorists and their crimes.

I can think of a few folks enjoying the bologna sandwiches at Florence and Terre Haute.
Agreed, in fact it was capable in 2000. With no need for the government bloat and seizure of freedoms.

But if we label this terrorism, we'll have 160 new stupid ass rules that will do nothing but makes everyone's lives •tier to deal with every day.

And besides, it's not terrorism. If it were we'd have to invade American Airlines HQ and forcefully takeover since they fostered the environment this can happen. If this is terrorism, I'd want to see the AA CEO in cuffs.