AA Hiring

Delta Echo

There are two things that seem to be driving all this hiring. One is that the company is expecting over 100 retirements in the next couple of years. Two is that AA wants to replace Sabre FOS as their flight planning system with Flightkeys, and there is a team at AA working on this project as we speak. The timetable I have seen, which I think is overly optimistic, is for 2Q of 2020 for Flight Keys, but I think more realistically it will be 4Q at the earliest since you don't want to introduce a new flight planning system during peak time.

If anyones curious, the breakdown of the class that started this week is:

8 Internal
11 Wholly Owned (Envoy, PSA, and Piedmont all represented)
11 External (4 Republic, 2 SkyWest, and 5 others including Alaska)

And Offers have gone out for the October class as well. Congrats to all who have accepted.
Not to hijack the thread, but any idea what Flightkeys software is like?

BruinsFan

Was flight keys a pre or post merger decision?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They decided on replacement pre merger and actually almost went Jeppesen, but Jeppesen couldn't tailor their software to AA's needs, so the project was shelved. Flightkeys was decided on last year I believe.

I have not personally seen the software or had a chance to try it out. That being said if anyone is going to the ADF safety Summit in a couple of weeks, they usually have a representative in the exhibit hall, and they will probably have a demo.

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP
They decided on replacement pre merger and actually almost went Jeppesen, but Jeppesen couldn't tailor their software to AA's needs, so the project was shelved. Flightkeys was decided on last year I believe.

I have not personally seen the software or had a chance to try it out. That being said if anyone is going to the ADF safety Summit in a couple of weeks, they usually have a representative in the exhibit hall, and they will probably have a demo.
I saw an older version at a Dallas ADF summit. Looked pretty slick.

kacampbell

Not to hijack the thread, but any idea what Flightkeys software is like?
They are relatively new, one current customer that is live with the system in Spain (Volotea). Dont think any US carriers are actively using them now but they were at ADF last year showing their product off.