AA Hiring

oktex88

7 is the minimum. It could be more. I wouldnt be surprised to see 7 hired and a bunch put in the pool while they decide the exact size.
The last application pool was used for 3 different hire classes. So it is very possible this could be for multiple pools..but if it is really just 7 new hires (as rumored on here) it is probably just for retirements and we might only see a opening once a year to cover retirements.

Scarebus

I highly doubt they will be calling more people. They're interviewing externals this coming week and most of the 11 spots are going to be filled internally anyways.

The article seems to indicate the layoffs are happening at director level and above, but doesn't specifically include or exclude any departments. My assumption would be that all departments are under review for those positions. It did mention other non front line management positions will be reviewed.

I don't think dispatchers have anything to worry about in regard to this memo.

Rewind

Getting a job in FPS is the same as getting a mainline job .. needle in a haystack. FPS are paid very well for their job duties and the turn over is low. Many make a career from the department and its stepping stones. Whenever it hires someone went a different way in the company or retired.
I assume this position is less stressful than dispatch? Is the pay that much different? Reading the qualifications, it seems like it would be somewhat similar, but no OT. Idk, just asking.

BruinsFan

I assume this position is less stressful than dispatch? Is the pay that much different? Reading the qualifications, it seems like it would be somewhat similar, but no OT. Idk, just asking.
FPS is covered by the same contract as the dispatchers and OT is available. The rates are different for FPS then dispatchers but they are all under the same PAFCA representation. Many FPS people have gone on to be dispatchers and from my experience it seems to produce some of the better dispatchers I have seen hired in recent months,

Rewind

FPS is covered by the same contract as the dispatchers and OT is available. The rates are different for FPS then dispatchers but they are all under the same PAFCA representation. Many FPS people have gone on to be dispatchers and from my experience it seems to produce some of the better dispatchers I have seen hired in recent months,
Thank you for the response. I screwed up my app for dispatch (according to GK), fixed it and applied for FPS.

Flagship_dxer

Legacy Airline Dispatcher
Unlikely. There was a fair amount of redundancy in the head office. They're just culling the executive herd. The plebes are safe from the executioner, for now...
In theory, dispatch should be safe from cuts. We are already staffed to the bare minimum and workload is pretty high domestically. At the same time, I wouldnt put it past the bean counters to say the dispatchers are overpaid and should be doing more releases with fewer desks especially if the economy takes a downturn. I dont think the dispatch or IOC management wants to lower the dispatch count with retirements coming and the union putting pressure on them due to the workload.