• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

AA Hiring

faceman

For those considering putting in for one of these positions there is nothing that you can do as far as internal vs. external, but apply if it's a position you want. With the pay and benefits the majors are now offering, I hope that we get some really good people. Although we do have many internals that will be applying for these positions, I am not convinced all of them will be filled with internals. The number is supposed to be somewhere around 20 plus, but we really need at least double that number. We have at least 2 that are retiring at the end of this month and probably another 10 or so by the end of this year.

For those working at regionals and really want to work for AA, keep working hard and network where you can. I have nothing bad to say about AA and wish those who apply good luck. If you do get an interview and are not hired, try to get feedback from the company on why you didn't get the job. It is on you to show them why they should hire you and if you don't make it, find out why and fix it.

Mainline_or_bust

Two days before, the day after tomorrow
For those considering putting in for one of these positions there is nothing that you can do as far as internal vs. external, but apply if it's a position you want. With the pay and benefits the majors are now offering, I hope that we get some really good people. Although we do have many internals that will be applying for these positions, I am not convinced all of them will be filled with internals. The number is supposed to be somewhere around 20 plus, but we really need at least double that number. We have at least 2 that are retiring at the end of this month and probably another 10 or so by the end of this year.

For those working at regionals and really want to work for AA, keep working hard and network where you can. I have nothing bad to say about AA and wish those who apply good luck. If you do get an interview and are not hired, try to get feedback from the company on why you didn't get the job. It is on you to show them why they should hire you and if you don't make it, find out why and fix it.
Well said, it's on every person from day 1 to year X to show why they're better than the other applicants. These days it seems there are so many different goals for HR/Companies it's hard to keep track, but only one person is responsible ultimately.

Last time AA hired as I recall, 5 years of dispatch experience or 3 Years with Associate's degree or a Bachelors degree were required as Minimums. I for one, had the Degree (don't remember if required was Aviation specific but I believe it was any Degree) but I didn't have a referral or even 6 months experience at a wholly owned. I didn't get a phone call, don't even remember if I got an ACK from HR for receiving my application.

Good luck to those who apply!

Sandydfw

They do not keep their seniority, seniority is occupational for everything except for vacation accrual and retirement.
I believe they are covered under the contract and when hired become highest seniority of the class.

Last edited: