1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AA Hiring

Discussion in 'Flight Control/Dispatch' started by Flagship_dxer, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Flagship_dxer

Flagship_dxer The Penis Mightier

Class starts in about a month.

ADXnewbie and manniax like this.
  2. JDRUNNER

JDRUNNER Well-Known Member

Has anyone's status on AA careers changed who interviewed or still says in progress? Has anyone received a tbnt email/letter/call? Maybe they are still putting together the final numbers for a pool for later in the year or something.

it really doesn't appear that anyone other than maybe one poster on here has gotten an offer either.

3. GateChange

GateChange Well-Known Member

For any internals, statuses will most likely change after everyone passes the background and drug screening. Word is that things are being worked on for another class, but until anything official is said, take that for what it's worth.

ADXnewbie and JDRUNNER like this.
  4. just_blaze

just_blaze Well-Known Member

Another class of 15 to start mid September, notifications going out this week. Good luck all.

ADXnewbie and Rincoln like this.
  5. BruinsFan

BruinsFan Well-Known Member

Update.

Class of 15 will start July 17th. A second class which appears to be from the same interview pool will start on September 12. Notifications for that class should be going out this week. On top of that, the seven furloughed guys are back on property and in class now and one sector manager will be leaving the bridge to return to dispatching. That is a total of 38 new bodies.

From what I have heard the July class will be mostly internals, with the lone exception being from expressjet. I can't confirm that or confirm the makeup of the September class. We shall see.

6. HDTX82

HDTX82 New Member

Mine changed on 6/9 im internal AA tho so i dont know what that could mean

7. HDTX82

HDTX82 New Member

Im also internal and didnt make the first round of new hires, but my status changed twice, from still processing on 5/17 with interview invite and then still processing to 6/9 without any notification, email or status change!

JDRUNNER likes this.
  8. ADXnewbie

ADXnewbie Well-Known Member

Ditto. Internal, got that invite that ended up being a clitch in the system, heard some people still showed up that Monday, and status changed on 6/9 and still shows in progress.

9. crow

crow Well-Known Member

My understanding is that there is more than one external for the July class.

10. HDTX82

HDTX82 New Member

The mix is more 50/50 internal/ external

11. flyaa_girl

flyaa_girl Well-Known Member

The external make up is 3 -Envoy and 1 - Express jet. Notifications for September class are starting to go out. P.s. If you make it in to the September class I will see ya there and look forward to meeting everyone

ADXnewbie likes this.
  12. HDTX82

HDTX82 New Member

Is the September class the last round of hiring from this hiring pool?

13. just_blaze

just_blaze Well-Known Member

Seems likely. You can also expect a lot more external hiring next time around, but this should be it for the time being.

14. HDTX82

HDTX82 New Member

Might
    might be a long time until we see AA hiring again after adding 38 heads

15. Flagship_dxer

Flagship_dxer The Penis Mightier

We need more desks open. This 38 is nowhere near enough. It will barely cover all the retirements just this year. We were short to start the year and have added some permanent desks since the start of last bid. There will likely need to be more desks open. More retirements are likely in the coming years. I think we will hire soon after these two classes are signed off.

El Oso likes this.
  16. HDTX82

HDTX82 New Member

I hope you are right!!!
    Do you know how long the hiring pool is actually valid/ how long they are pulling people from?

17. ADXnewbie

ADXnewbie Well-Known Member

I will be on the September class!!

18. Kev

Kev RNP 2112

Way to go, yo!

ADXnewbie likes this.
  19. Sandydfw

Sandydfw Well-Known Member

Congrats

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

ADXnewbie likes this.
  20. faceman

faceman Well-Known Member

Congratulations to those selected and for those that didn't this round, I am fairly certain AA will be hiring again once most of these are upgraded. In the past, it has taken anywhere from 6 months to 2 years to upgrade, but since these will be the first classes since we merged and the company is desperate to put heads on the desks, it may not take as long.

The desk and vacation bids are done by dispatch seniority so keep that in mind on your first day as the tiebreaker is age. For a class with all the same hire date, the oldest is the most senior. I look forward to meeting all of you and just pay attention and don't argue. AA may not do things the same way as your previous airline and based on some OJT that I have done, AA seems to be more conservative than many of the other airlines. It's a good job so don't be an asshat and you should do just fine.

azmedic and ADXnewbie like this.