1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A news piece, or just another regional recruiting video...

Discussion in 'Airline Pilots' started by JDean3204, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Maximillian_Jenius

Maximillian_Jenius Super User

But I mean, I'm still actively writing my two other novels, when I get a chance. Kinda like how @Acrofox's sequel is taking forever. Mine will finally see the light of day

Acrofox likes this.
  2. USMCmech

USMCmech Well-Known Member

They know pretty well how many guys are going to flow to AA over the next few years, so they can project out how many guys are going to upgrade and when with a fair amount of certainty. Remember who is upgrading today doesn't matter at all, but attrition from the top of the list is what matters.

Another thing is that all this assumes no growth other than planes already on property, scheduled deliveries and the CRJs going to PSA. If say, Mesa can't staff all their DFW flying (they had 1000 hours of open time this month) and AA assigns 10 more 175s to Envoy then those numbers will go even lower.

No one has a crystal ball and the actual numbers will be off slightly, but they aren't pulling those numbers completely out of their butts.

3. word302

word302 Well-Known Member

Just saying. "Projections" aren't worth much. This all assumes they continue to be able to fill classes. I'm always skeptical of a recruiters math.

4. USMCmech

I don't blame you a bit.

They didn't show us their raw data, but I talked to several friends at Envoy and asked them where they are on the seniority list. One guy who has been there 3.5 years just missed the upgrade by 7, so he will get it next round. Another couple of guys who have been there just under 2 years are well up the FO list. So the recruiters math isn't too far off.

I think Envoy will be in a better position to fill classes over the next few years than others. They are getting good results from the military rotor transition program. That may change somewhat as the price of oil rises and the helo job market heats back up.

word302 likes this.
  5. jynxyjoe

jynxyjoe The Kickin' Chicken!

I started. Been distracted. I need grammatical help, but what's new?

Last edited: Mar 8, 2017
  6. Maximillian_Jenius

Maximillian_Jenius Super User

Call him, his name is @Acrofox

He's the owner. He is the King of Beepers.

Errr...grammar!

7. jynxyjoe

jynxyjoe The Kickin' Chicken!

Lol, stop drinking.

Maximillian_Jenius likes this.
  8. Acrofox

Acrofox All fox

Hmm....

Maximillian_Jenius likes this.
  9. ScorpionStinger

ScorpionStinger Well-Known Member

http://newton.newtonsoftware.com/ca...af&id=8a7886115a1c301a015a1fb268ee5e0f&source

PSA has "copied" Envoy's Rotor Transition Progam as well now.... it rolled out recently to help their recruitment numbers.

Wonder why Envoy folks are not to happy with PSA? "Seems" like PSA enjoys taking from Envoy. See link above & read the language of what they are doing with it. Take it for what it's worth.

Not sure Piedmont is doing it yet, so it's not a WO thing. But I suspect they will have to tap into the honey pot that Envoy found.

"PROGRAM OVERVIEW

PSA is one of the first regional airlines to launch a military Rotor Transition Program that now creates a clear path for highly experienced aviators wishing to transition from a military helicopter to an airline pilot career. The RTP initiative is just one other way PSA Airlines offers the most comprehensive benefits to its pilots. PSA Airlines is the fastest-growing regional airline in the country, with the quickest upgrade time in the industry, and a true pilot-flow-through agreement to American. Your career as a mainline pilot for the largest airline in the world can start here. Eligibility as a First Officer begins up to six months prior to leaving the active duty Armed Forces. Drilling reservists and Guard pilots are also encouraged to apply as much as six months prior."

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  10. ScorpionStinger

ScorpionStinger Well-Known Member

The competion is real.

11. USMCmech

All of the WOs are taking their orders and budgets from AAG. So once one finds something that works, the others will follow shortly thereafter.

When you look at the military helo pilot pool closely, you can see how big of a source of high quality applicants it is. They can screen and interview experienced aviators, give them a conditional job offer, send them to a school for fixed wing conversion and time building on the VA's dime, and 6 months later they have a fully qualified pilot to start indoc.

Overall I've been impressed by Envoy's recruiting efforts which show that they are aware of the challenges of staffing in the future. In contrast to Mesa who stuck their head in the sand until the building was burning down around them.

Beep likes this.
  12. JetDoc

JetDoc Delta and now AA profit sharing contributor.

Yeah, they wanted out of it so badly they sold the company and lost total control of it. God forbid an airline actually honor an agreement when it becomes the slightest bit uncomfortable for them.

13. DeltaAlphaNovember

DeltaAlphaNovember Well-Known Member

What exactly are you looking for? The contract language regarding the flow?

14. Zapphod Beblebrox

Zapphod Beblebrox Well-Known Member

Yes, if it is available. As a mainline AA pilot who has done union work, I know that mainline pilots had no input into to this language. I am wondering if it is consistent between carriers. My understanding is that the original flow language between AA and Eagle was dissolved in Chapter 11 but resurfaced in a very close to original form after reorganization. The flow language for Piedmont and PSA is probably identical but different from the Eagle language.

I am just wondering how that language is written and what loop-holes, if any, are included

ctab5060X likes this.
  15. DeltaAlphaNovember

DeltaAlphaNovember Well-Known Member

The LOA in which the language is written is about 11 pages long. I am not sure how to get that to you.