a jetcareers fly in someday?

Mavmb

I was just wondering how everyone would feel about having a jetcareers fly in or get together sometime. Maybe even like an annual event each year or something? I think it could be a good fundraiser for the website too. Anybody think this would be fun? I think it would be fun just as long as we decided before hand not to discuss politics!
So would anyone else be interested in something like this? Keg at Doug's house?

iceman21

I think that would be pretty cool. I could do without the keg since I don't drink, but I would love to meet the rest of you guys on here.

Snow

'Not a new member'
Sounds like a good idea to me, although everyone will need to wear name badges with their handle as well as their real name on it!
Or else you might get a lot of conversations like this.

"Hi I'm Mark" *blank stare* "Um, Underlord" "AHH, hey how ya doin!? I'm John, uh I mean Pyro"

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Keg? ha!

Last time I had a kegger at the "Jetcareers World HQ", I broke a few travertine tiles in my kitchen, some couple got 'busy' in my office and some people decided to play drinking games with some of my more 'prized' al-kee-hawl.

A fly-in sounds cool though!

flyitup

A fly-in sounds like a great idea…

For the sake of the folks on the far eastern and western states, why not meet somewhere in the middle?

Hmmm… How about Tulsa?

flyguy

I'll be there if it dosn't conflict with school. I like the Idea of somewhere in the middle of the country. Of course I'm biassed, but it does seem most fair. Maybe we could narrow it down to a few places that would be good and put up a poll.

av8sean

Scottsdale sounds fine to me.. I'm sure I could load a couple fellow JC'ers from Socal and fly on over.. And by the evident lack of female participants on JC, I doubt people getting busy will be much worry

-Sean

Eagle

Might be a good thing to have a meeting at a fly-in like Oshkosh or Sunandfun, or the AOPA events. they are allready up and running, and will give chunk and dave something else to do after they kick my ass.

I_Money

[ QUOTE ]
Last time I had a kegger at the "Jetcareers World HQ", I broke a few travertine tiles in my kitchen, some couple got 'busy' in my office and some people decided to play drinking games with some of my more 'prized' al-kee-hawl.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sounds good to me!

ready2fly

[ QUOTE ]
Might be a good thing to have a meeting at a fly-in like Oshkosh or Sunandfun...

[/ QUOTE ]
Speaking of which..... anybody going to:

A) Sun-N-Fun?

B) Oskosh?

Sun-N-Fun is less than 30 minutes from my house, so I'm definitely there! AND get this.... I work for a law firm that does aviation law. Two weeks ago, my boss (also a pilot - has all of his instructor ratings) came in and said <font color="blue">"we need to start making our plans for Oshkosh. We'll take a client. It'll be fun. Start finding us a place to stay and I'll get us a plane..."</font>

I about crapped! So, looks like I'll be at Oshkosh too. SOOOOO....

IF anybody is going to go to either - I say <font color="red">LET'S DO THIS THING</font> and meet somewhere!!

[ QUOTE ]
..and will give chunk and dave something else to do after they kick my ass.

[/ QUOTE ]
Naw - dispite their political misgivings - chunk and dave are decent individuals
. Besides Eag - you know I gotcha back!

Over and out!
R2F

sbe

I'll be at Oshkosh for a few days. Haven't decided exactly which days yet...but I'll be there for some of it.

Sarah

ready2fly

Okay, so this is good - there's two JC'ers that are going. (Now watch my boss back out and us not go) - so, let's start planning something.

Zombie - you've been there - what might be a central location for folks to meet?

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Hopefully I'll be returning to Oshkosh for my first time since 1998. We've tried to fly over for the last 2-3 years but plans kept falling through. Hopefully we can get over this time.

Cheers

John Herreshoff

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
[ QUOTE ]
what might be a central location for folks to meet?

[/ QUOTE ]

Next to the airplanes?

Seriously, though I might be wandering up to Oskosh this year (we wanted to go last year but it didn't work out). We might be flying ourselves in and campin under the wing!