737 Max Airliners Ordered Immediately Grounded in the US

WacoFan

Bigly
If only Lockheed had thought to "Fix" and "Rebrand" the Electra after Braniff and Northwest broke apart or McDonald Douglas with the DC-10...what brilliant business acumen Trump has. We are all lucky to have him.

Richman

In retrospect, I’m surprised they didn’t secretly include JATO.

“Something strange happened when we did a max performance takeoff near max takeoff weight a few days ago... Oh wait... Boeing did what?! It’s not in the manuals... Bother”
Along those same lines...sometimes “institutional knowledge” is lost.

A buddy took his “new to him” vintage Bonanza to a shop for annual time. He asks the IA “hey what are these three round circles underneath the baggage door?”

IA replies “Well, back in the day, aircraft were required to carry 3 flares to fly at night. The idea was to use them to illuminate a landing area that isn’t lighted, as was common back in the day. Mind you these weren’t your common road flare, but long duration white hot starshells that had a parachute”

“Ah, so that must be what those switches under that little door is for...phew, sure glad I didn’t mess with them!”

IA “nah, all those flares are all long gone by now”

IA calls my buddy a week later to let him know that the flares were still there, the firing circuit still live , and had he messed with the switches, they would have launched.

Last edited:

WacoFan

Bigly
Along those same lines...sometimes “institutional knowledge” list lost.

A buddy took his “new to him” vintage Bonanza to a shop for annual time. He asks the IA “hey what are these three round circles underneath the baggage door?”

IA replies “Well, back in the day, aircraft were required to carry 3 flares to fly at night. The idea was to use them to illuminate a landing area that isn’t lighted, as was common back in the day. Mind you these weren’t your common road flare, but long duration white hot starshells that had a parachute”

“Ah, so that must be what those switches under that little door is for...phew, sure glad I didn’t mess with them!”

IA calls my buddy a week later to let him know that the flares were still there, the firing circuit still love , and had he messed with the switches, they would have launched.
Wait...you mean new airplanes *don't* have flares for night flying? I thought ALL airplanes did...Grandpa's Waco's and Howard DGA did...but not the Chief because electrical system was inop. And by inop I mean "Didn't exist".

PeanuckleCRJ

Poodle Wrangler
Seven Turdy seven!

WacoFan

Bigly
The guy who owns Gucci and Yves St. Laurent pledged $100mm and the guy who owns Louis Vuitton pledged $200mm.

It reminds me of the time Trump skipped out on a Fox News primary debate because he was afraid of Megyn Kelly and had a "Charity" rally for Veterans instead...and then, a year after the "charity rally" he donated to Vets after David Fahrenthold at WaPo wrote an investigatory piece about how Trump had not actually donated anything. It's kind of the same and such.

JeppUpdater

IA calls my buddy a week later to let him know that the flares were still there, the firing circuit still live , and had he messed with the switches, they would have launched.
I remember picking up this Bonanza years ago and going "dafuq are these?"

IMG_2025.JPG

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
The guy who owns Gucci and Yves St. Laurent pledged $100mm and the guy who owns Louis Vuitton pledged $200mm.

It reminds me of the time Trump skipped out on a Fox News primary debate because he was afraid of Megyn Kelly and had a "Charity" rally for Veterans instead...and then, a year after the "charity rally" he donated to Vets after David Fahrenthold at WaPo wrote an investigatory piece about how Trump had not actually donated anything. It's kind of the same and such.
There’s someone, sitting behind a keyboard, that ran across this post while searching for something on Google and thinks “Well, but Billary...” :)

WacoFan

Bigly
There’s someone, sitting behind a keyboard, that ran across this post while searching for something on Google and thinks “Well, but Billary...” :)
But they sold all the uranium. There is literally no more uranium. And they used that money to steal from Haitians and start a pizza place in D.C. that is really a pedo pizza place cannibal thing. I saw it on Hannity so it's super true.