40 years ago, tragedy averted

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Trans American 209, a 707-320, from LAX-ORD, safely lands at ORD after the cockpit crew of Capt Clarence Oveur, FO Roger Murdoch, and SO/FE Victor Basta becomes incapacitated by food poisoning. Ex-USAF pilot Ted Striker with the help of TransAm FA Elaine Dickenson, safely crash land the 707 in marginal Wx conditions at ORD with only minor injuries sustained by the passengers.

:)

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Trans American 209, a 707-320, from LAX-ORD, safely lands at ORD after the cockpit crew of Capt Clarence Oveur, FO Roger Murdoch, and SO/FE Victor Basta becomes incapacitated by food poisoning. Ex-USAF pilot Ted Striker with the help of TransAm FA Elaine Dickenson, safely crash land the 707 in marginal Wx conditions at ORD with only minor injuries sustained by the passengers.

Brilliant!

@Derg, we need a new board award: Best Post of the Year.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”

And if you walk around the horseshoe it still looks like it does in the intro. (Sort of.)

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
But the Trans American wasn't the first...

In 1957:

Good call!

I just learned about this, er, influence quite recently. The Zucker's are hometown heroes, so I'm still gonna cheer... maybe just not quite as loudly now that I know they had a template and weren't cooking from scratch.

Richman

Good call!

I just learned about this, er, influence quite recently. The Zucker's are hometown heroes, so I'm still gonna cheer... maybe just not quite as loudly now that I know they had a template and weren't cooking from scratch.
Actually, it makes it even more epic. They took a totally bland, utterly forgettable movie, and simply by changing inflections and adding a FEW words here and there, made it the funniest movie in the history of the planet.

I'd say "well done, sirs".

FloridaLarry

this has to be the best dialogue of the movie, this clip. How Peter Graves and Leslie Nielsen were able to look one another in the eyes with total seriousness, and not break character and bust out laughing, is beyond me.....:)
Better see how many takes they shot, or check the out-take reel...