21 Aircraft flyover for President Bush...

JordanD

Honorary Member
In general are were turning the death of a President into a spectacle?

They're the head bureaucrat, not a King or a Caesar. The elected citizen that maintains the cogs. Or is that where we are as a society? We've turned the position into something akin to God's chosen one?
This isn't a new thing.

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
In general are were turning the death of a President into a spectacle?

They're the head bureaucrat, not a King or a Caesar. The elected citizen that maintains the cogs. Or is that where we are as a society? We've turned the position into something akin to God's chosen one?
My grandfather who was a B-24 bombardier and POW had a flyover of C-17s at his funeral. I don't think this is too out of place for a president.

QXDX

And I suspect they're not just flying over for the purpose of flying over. There's probably legitimate training activities that can be conducted during such a flight. If nothing else, launching and recovering 21 aircraft at one time is probably pretty significant just by itself.

Pilot Fighter

And I suspect they're not just flying over for the purpose of flying over. There's probably legitimate training activities that can be conducted during such a flight. If nothing else, launching and recovering 21 aircraft at one time is probably pretty significant just by itself.
Not unless they recovered on a carrier in Chesapeake Bay.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
This is a Internet forum, not a funeral.
It's a thread about a funeral on an Internet forum, IMHO you politicizing it is a bit disrespectful and in poor taste regardless of who it is. Everyone knows you hate the current president, you don't need to reaffirm that fact every chance you get. It gets old and makes you look like a dullard with only one thing to say, over and over and over and over..........

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
It's a thread about a funeral on an Internet forum, IMHO you politicizing it is a bit disrespectful and in poor taste regardless of who it is. Everyone knows you hate the current president, you don't need to reaffirm that fact every chance you get. It gets old and makes you look like a dullard with only one thing to say, over and over and over and over..........
Ok. Aren’t you the guy who doesn’t see anything wrong with calling people retards?