2020 DX Outlook With Coronavirus

Scarebus

Sorry guys, I seem to have caused the virus.

Got to the airline I have been trying to get to after 7 years, was going to get a nice haul on the house I (was) going to sell in two months and use it as a downpayment on the next one, I just found out the wife is pregnant a month ago, yada yada yada.

When everything is going right in my life, the universe is always like nope, dont think so.

The CEO of the company I now work for is saying this is going to be worse than 9/11 on the industry, and my Uncle was furloughed by AA for over 10 years after that fateful day.

Oh well. I guess ill go get a job in construction or something, go back to school, and find a new career.
The $25B in grants going to the airlines comes with the guarantee that it all goes to payroll. Assuming the government provides that much nobody is getting furloughed.

ParrotheadJGR11

Existence is pain to a Meeseeks, Jerry.
Sorry guys, I seem to have caused the virus.

Got to the airline I have been trying to get to after 7 years, was going to get a nice haul on the house I (was) going to sell in two months and use it as a downpayment on the next one, I just found out the wife is pregnant a month ago, yada yada yada.

When everything is going right in my life, the universe is always like nope, dont think so.

The CEO of the company I now work for is saying this is going to be worse than 9/11 on the industry, and my Uncle was furloughed by AA for over 10 years after that fateful day.

Oh well. I guess ill go get a job in construction or something, go back to school, and find a new career.
I’m right there with you dude. Let’s hope for the best for all of us.

Green12324

The $25B in grants going to the airlines comes with the guarantee that it all goes to payroll. Assuming the government provides that much nobody is getting furloughed.
All the communication I've received from my union is that the company does not want to furlough. Kind of a vague statement, but it's certainly more promising than the pink slips a lot of people in other industries have already gotten. It's time to live in survival mode as far as spending and budgeting, but I think the jury is still out on what the end result will be, so I'm trying not to panic. Hopefully everyone can get their finances in line to get by on unemployment if needed, and hopefully we won't reach that point at all.

Bobber

I got issued travel documents signed by the CISA (who's parent org is the DHS) today. They basically state that I am essential/critial and need to be able to travel to/from my work site and home. I'm not sure this is going to get better before it gets a little more worse.

Stay safe out there everyone. Much love<3

paincorp

I got issued travel documents signed by the CISA (who's parent org is the DHS) today. They basically state that I am essential/critial and need to be able to travel to/from my work site and home. I'm not sure this is going to get better before it gets a little more worse.

Stay safe out there everyone. Much love
As a dispatcher you got issued these? Would expect for flight and cabin crew, but seems odd for dispatch.

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
As I recall, it’s still legal to drive everywhere since we’re all allowed to get food and medicine. We shouldn’t need one of these to drive to work, which is what caused my question.
You will be issued them as a dispatcher, I've already had them issued. Another week or so and we'll be in a national lockdown. Get ready.

Sheety Airrines

Our country’s cases are increasing faster than any other country at the moment. If they don’t shut everything down soon, 30-40% of people are going to be drowning on their own pink froth. I don’t want to be out of a job but I don’t want to go into respiratory failure either

flynryan692

Our country’s cases are increasing faster than any other country at the moment. If they don’t shut everything down soon, 30-40% of people are going to be drowning on their own pink froth. I don’t want to be out of a job but I don’t want to go into respiratory failure either
Good news, even if you get it odds are you won't go into respiratory failure. The media, and social media, sure are doing a number on everybody.

Sheety Airrines

Too many people think that the odds are in their favor. The most recent us data is showing all ages are having serious illness and respiratory failure/death (except the under 20 year olds still show mostly mild illness)

johnotd

Good news, even if you get it odds are you won't go into respiratory failure. The media, and social media, sure are doing a number on everybody.
It's not just about us as individuals. It's about all of those we come in contact with. Even someone who is young and appears otherwise healthy could have underlying issues you can't see like diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.

To say "odds are I'll be fine" is selfish and disgustingly misinformed.