2020 DX Outlook With Coronavirus

Scarebus

Can somebody get him a rattle or something and let the adults do their job?

Banning Europeans from entering doesn’t do anything to stop the virus if we can still come in contact with them/it when over there. How about an actual legitimate medical and scientific response?
Starting to believe me yet? This is already 30% worse than 9/11 financially speaking and it’s just the beginning.

F9DXER

Just read the DHS guidelines and apparently it only applies to European nationals from those countries while American nationals are free to still travel I am assuming after they have gone through a screening.
How would that affect a person with dual citizenship. Only half of you can come in. LOL. I have one kid living in Europe that is a dual national.

westcoastDX

Given Trump's news last night, are any of the majors actually cancelling European flights in the short term?

TJ94

Given Trump's news last night, are any of the majors actually cancelling European flights in the short term?
DL says that U.S. citizens, Legal Permanent Residents and certain family members (and other limited exceptions) will be allowed to enter the U.S. through one of 11 CDC-approved airports which are ATL, DFW, DTW, EWR, HNL, JFK, LAX, ORD, SEA, SFO, IAD... possibly more airports could be added to that list.

bbmikej

I have a fairly good immune system and the death rate in reported cases is 1:1000. Who knows how many more had it and didn't get tested.

cryptozebra

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
I have a fairly good immune system and the death rate in reported cases is 1:1000. Who knows how many more had it and didn't get tested.
It's a much higher rate than that. Just sayin. Still not worth all the freaking out though.

flynryan692

It's a much higher rate than that. Just sayin. Still not worth all the freaking out though.
What's freaking out and what's be cautious? The people buying all the toilet paper are a little nuts. The people cancelling their vacations and flights are probably right for doing so, as much as that hurts us...

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
What's freaking out and what's be cautious? The people buying all the toilet paper are a little nuts. The people cancelling their vacations and flights are probably right for doing so, as much as that hurts us...
Go into a grocery store and you'll see what I mean by freaking out. Being sanitary more than usual and reducing traveling I would say falls under the cautious column. I just hope a lot of colleagues make it through this with their jobs.

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
Another friend of mine had mentioned this:

In addition to my own pointing out of the four year coincidence, notice that most media only wants "[us/you/them]" to see who's got the virus. The posts are largely about avoidance...not what to do when one comes down with it. Essentially, they live in a house with multiple generations, and if either her or her parents are diagnosed, the next step is quarantine in an isolation center to prevent the grandparents from contracting.

Whiiiiich now breaks the home up, and you've got people who are affected second-hand and aren't able to care for themselves as well.

Frankly, I personally just want the normalization to come soon enough. Oh it isn't going away any time soon, let the world see what inconveniences it causes, directly or indirectly, to people's lives with so many events cancelled, buildings closed, and travel banned.

Wash your hands. I'm going to go play in the rain.