2018 in Review...How Much Did You Fly?

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I flew my first redeye the other day. I wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did, but it was awesome. Bloody quiet on the airwaves (I guess RJs don't fly at night?), and it was clear and a million most of the way so the starfield was spectacular.

I feel like butt today, but most of that is my own fault for not trying to recover responsibly day-of, and instead going to SAN for fun the day-of.
I love redeyes.

But I'm peculiar anyway.

I'm the weird guy in DTW that will literally look for trips with a long LAX/PHX/SAN/SFO layover with a redeye back to DTW. That way, I get in, grab a full breakfast at Leo's Coney (Two eggs, hashed browns and meat), then sleep like a big fat apneatic baby on the commute home to PHX.

Love it! But there's someone senior to me that keeps snapping those up. He needs to retire.

CRJDriver

I love redeyes.

But I'm peculiar anyway.

I'm the weird guy in DTW that will literally look for trips with a long LAX/PHX/SAN/SFO layover with a redeye back to DTW. That way, I get in, grab a full breakfast at Leo's Coney (Two eggs, hashed browns and meat), then sleep like a big fat apneatic baby on the commute home to PHX.

Love it! But there's someone senior to me that keeps snapping those up. He needs to retire.
I’m kind of the same way.... and that’s 90% of the trips I fly, come from a west coast redeye, roll into BOS before 7am, get off plane, walk over to commute flight home an hour later, sit down and snooze. As much as I hate redeyes, I don’t mind them too much at the end of a pairing when it’s the last leg home, because usually the commute home is a RON and I can get out of dodge and avoid delays as the day progresses.

BigZ

Finally updated the digital logbook

yellow - 30 hrs of part 135 flying 1/1/18 to 1/12/18
red - 255 hrs of part 121 flying
2018_FLIGHTS.jpg