2000 Hours

ClearedForOption

French Computer Programmer and Systems Monitor
Just passed my "2nd millennium" in the left seat of the 320.

As best as I can figure it was when I was saying to the FO, "This is the first time I've flown into RNO during the day... yeah... that's a lot of terrain."

My first flight off of IOE (which is when I started counting) was LGA-FLL on 9/20/15. Yesterday, when I hit the 2K mark was LGB-RNO. (10/7/19)

Almost exactly 4 years, 500/year on reserve with a smattering of lineholding months throughout. I know a lot more and have seen a lot since I started. I like to think that I've done a good job.

Next up... 5000 hours in the Bus... I'm at 4700 exactly right now. I think that I'll do a nicely bound printout of my logbook at the 5K mark. Or something like that.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Congrats!

I was FO for 6.5 yrs on the Bus getting 5,656 hrs SIC and CA for just over one year now 510 hrs PIC. 6,166 total Bus time.

How does it feel to be LGB based and not commute to JFK? Bet your life got 1,000,000x better instantly! :)

Cherokee_Cruiser

I'm back to having the greatest job in aviation again... driving to work. Now, I need to figure out how to get off reserve sooner than 9 years from now.
Just had a 14 yr FO from LAX-LAS in the jumpseat. FO obviously by choice, I think #7 or 8 in base at LGB.

LGB for ya'lls is cray cray seniiiiioooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

ClearedForOption

French Computer Programmer and Systems Monitor
Just had a 14 yr FO from LAX-LAS in the jumpseat. FO obviously by choice, I think #7 or 8 in base at LGB.

LGB for ya'lls is cray cray seniiiiioooooorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!
On the FO side it's getting more junior... a bunch of new hires are about to be "volun-told" out to the base right out of training. Once you hit the 50+% mark... there is very little movement.

On the Capt. side, over the next 10 years there are some retirements starting in the later half of the next decade. Which is what is finally getting me of reserve in 2028-2029.

Unless something changes....