1st solo XC tommorow

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
I know this isnt as big a milestone as soloing or a new rating or anything, but I think it's pretty important... anyway, Im just excited about it tonight, I have my alarm set for 6:45 am and just hope I dont get lost =) Wish me luck!

UAL747400

my first solo xcountry wasnt much of a deal for me.

My istructor had me plan a flight from davenport(kdvn) to cedar rapids(KCID). which is only about a half hour flight.

Im am in 141 traning and as I was about to leave my instructor noticed that the flight was suppose to be an hour and a half or 2 hours, dont remember.

So needless to say I did 26 touch and goes out at ceder rapids to kill time. Made it about a 30 hour flight

Now my 4 hour 3 airport xcountry was the real milestone for me. Went from davenport to Aurora chicago, down to champaign, and back to davenport. That flight alone took away all my doubts I had about picking this career for the rest of my life.

Regards

Tom

fly22

I flew my 152 from Salt Lake City to Lake In the Hills IL. That was my greatest adventure.

tonyw

Have a great time. Don't sweat it too much. If your instructor didn't think you could handle it, he wouldn't have signed off on it.

Enjoy the hell out of it!

mastermags

I just want everyone to know that I had a blast sitting on the ground today waiting for IMC to clear up at my destination airport
I never would have thought I would have been grounded by fog at 11 am in July!! Oh well, weather is the biggest thorn in the side of aviators, I have another try scheduled at 8 am tommorow, hopefully it will be more promising....

BTW, Im flying up to Athens (AHN) from Hampton.

G

[ QUOTE ]
BTW, Im flying up to Athens (AHN) from Hampton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ben Epps is a great airport and Georgia's first.

mastermags

Yes! I finally made that flight (at 2 in the afternoon no less... it was hot!) and it was awesome.... I picked up flight following from Atlanta Center, and Im glad I did... some dude was heading straight for me at a 90 degree angle and i probably would not have seen him.... Im going to fly to MCN soon and then do the long one... then ill be that much closer to my private.