14 more A350s for SouthernJets

AAPalmTree

Which is why you should just be happy and stop trying to justify your life decisions by constantly questioning my dissatisfaction with domestic flying.

Personally, I’ve seen too much to be fulfilling droning around the US flying in and out of hubs with 13 hour layovers with that real good crew nacho special at the Doubletree. All of your quoted verse above are things I would not be happy with for the remainder of my career.

I wouldn’t personally be happy with effectively buying a few pallets of Rosarita pinto beans and eating them for three meals a day for almost 40 years and claiming that I’d be happy with that, at any pay rate, because I wouldn’t. Literally if my airline stopped flying internationally, I would get out of the business entirely or go fly expat in Asia and I’m completely serious.

Yes, there are people slogging it out at the regionals who would sell a kidney to be where I am and think I’m a dick for seemingly whining about a mainline 320 captain gig for SouthernJets and that’s cool, but gimme that sweet sweet 330/350/777 because everything in the international operation is more aligned with my career expectations.

You only have one life and it goes quick. Thinking you’re going to do it all in retirement is foolhardy endeavor.
Blah, blah, blah. See you at Chili’s in Tampa.

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
Dude I know the best Italian joint in all of southern California: when you overnight at LAX let me know, and I'll take you to Olive Garden.
Torrance Tavern late Tuesday night?

Subject to change. I don't get in until 1900 from ICN, so I might be too tired. Plus our schedules change all the time.

Anybody else in the area?

Cherokee_Cruiser

Torrance Tavern late Tuesday night?

Subject to change. I don't get in until 1900 from ICN, so I might be too tired. Plus our schedules change all the time.

Anybody else in the area?

How long is your layover?

I'm on standby today for 6 days. That's the downside. But if I'm not used, we can meet up. I got in touch with another Atlas pilot, same thing as you in that I only know the guy from a forum and never met him in person (he's from the same country I was from). He gateway travels Wednesday morning and lands about 1040am in LAX, min rest, to operate the night flight to ICN. He's up for a coffee/lunch, and he doesn't mind if all 3 of us meet.

Let me know what you think. If you want to meet just for the late dinner Tuesday night that's cool. If you wanna sleep instead and then we can all meet around noon-ish Wednesday with that other Atlas pilot, that's cool too.

Again I'm on standby so I can advise as time gets closer. I'm 330pm reserve with a 2 hr callout. So as long as I don't get used tonight and tomorrow night, Tuesday night dinner or Wednesday brunch works. If I get used then the plan gets shot :(

Last edited:

Screaming_Emu

Great and Unmatched Wisdom
How long is your layover?

I'm on standby today for 6 days. That's the downside. But if I'm not used, we can meet up. I got in touch with another Atlas pilot, same thing as you in that I only know the guy from a forum and never met him in person (he's from the same country I was from). He gateway travels Wednesday morning and lands about 1040am in LAX, min rest, to operate the night flight to ICN. He's up for a coffee/lunch, and he doesn't mind if all 3 of us meet.

Let me know what you think. If you want to meet just for the late dinner Tuesday night that's cool. If you wanna sleep instead and then we can all meet around noon-ish Wednesday with that other Atlas pilot, that's cool too.

Again I'm on standby so I can advise as time gets closer. I'm 330pm reserve with a 2 hr callout. So as long as I don't get used tonight and tomorrow night, Tuesday night dinner or Wednesday brunch works. If I get used then the plan gets shot :(
Wednesday morning could work too. After flying in from ICN on Tuesday I might not be able to words correctly anyway. I leave at 3 AM on Thursday, so coffee Wednesday morning works too.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Wednesday morning could work too. After flying in from ICN on Tuesday I might not be able to words correctly anyway. I leave at 3 AM on Thursday, so coffee Wednesday morning works too.
Ok I'll aim for that. He lands about 1045am so I assume probably meet up about 1145am-12noon or so. Fingers crossed I don't get called. If I'm not used by late Tuesday night, then realistically I should be off until 330pm standby Wednesday. I have his number, and I'll PM you tomorrow night to let you know my status.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Oh to be a fly on the wall!

You missed a good time. It was 4 of us: Screaming Emu, amorris, and my Atlas buddy. The Atlas guy did not know Emu, but then just by chance his flight got cancelled and he's DHing on Emu's flight tonight to Japan. What a small world! It was a fun brunch. Let me know if you're in the LAX area and we can do a meet up.