14 more A350s for SouthernJets

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
Hmmm MEC e-mail says transfer of all 14, so I guess 4 now and hopefully the other 10 do get delivered.

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
MEC seems happy. More wide bodies to go with our expanded international flying announcement yesterday.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Got it, Money good, 14 new wide bodies bad.
It's not that, it's that I'm a cynic.

Bait and switch is a game as old as empire for airline managers, and I'm fully expecting this to work out poorly for the average line pilot. At that point the MEC will feign outrage, because either they didn't see it coming, or they ok with it happening in the first place.

It, in this case, being a net loss of airframes, but an increase in the ultra long range wide bodies.

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
It's not that, it's that I'm a cynic.

Bait and switch is a game as old as empire for airline managers, and I'm fully expecting this to work out poorly for the average line pilot. At that point the MEC will feign outrage, because either they didn't see it coming, or they ok with it happening in the first place.

It, in this case, being a net loss of airframes, but an increase in the ultra long range wide bodies.
You lost me at net loss of airframes. Point of the post was that the Trash Panda has the reputation of being an under-performer and kind of surprising to see more coming. In terms of JV flying and what happens to the 10 options is anyone’s guess. For the moment 4 new widebodies can’t really be complained about.

Cherokee_Cruiser

A bear does WHAT in the woods? Of course, domestic is terrible In comparison.

What’s with the domestic hatred? Now I get that as a 330/350 CA you can get 400-500k and obviously that pay raise is worth it. But be honest, at this point even you have had your fill of Amsterdams and Paris’s that you should be like “oh, Amsterdam again.”

It’s one thing if you go to a Delta seasonal destination like Malaga. But AMS, CDG, LHR, aren’t those getting old with how often you’ve been there?

bike21

9-5 Ruins Lives
What’s with the domestic hatred? Now I get that as a 330/350 CA you can get 400-500k and obviously that pay raise is worth it. But be honest, at this point even you have had your fill of Amsterdams and Paris’s that you should be like “oh, Amsterdam again.”

It’s one thing if you go to a Delta seasonal destination like Malaga. But AMS, CDG, LHR, aren’t those getting old with how often you’ve been there?
It’s not only the destinations but the pace of the operation and overall reliability are much better. Stuff just gets done. Basically it’s like flying for a different airline within the airline. And don’t get me started on how awesome flying with our HNL FAs is. Spoiled!

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member

I’ve seen both sides.

I didn’t get in this business to fly Ma and Pa Kettle to Orlando. I want to see stuff and explore.

Seriously, from what I’ve seen, if A320 captain was the pinnacle of my career, well, I need “more”.

Selfishly, I could really care less about the hotel happy hour deal in Kansas City, that real good place all the crews go in Omaha for steaks or ”Woo hoo! Got the long Orlando over NYE!”.

I miss eating “Red Red” in a treehouse in Ghana, taking the bus over to Monaco to see the races on a NCE layover, taking a train up the Rhein, stopping in a random city and sampling the wines, arguing with shifty cabbies in Istanbul, getting the meat sweats at a Brazilian steakhouse in Sao Paulo, drinking crappy room temperature Carlberg with a bunch of angry soccer hooligans on the verge of a riot in FCO, eating some bomb-ass shawarma in Tel Aviv right before hitting a bar for live music in Old Port. I love to immerse myself in culture and learn about the world, maybe even scare myself a little.

Domestic can’t offer the level of cultural exploration that my personal satisfaction requires. Nothing against people who love it or airlines that solely fly it, but I need far more.

9CA2A344-CAFD-4047-92D6-EBBB184B98FA.jpeg