135 VFR in AK

Lake Clark Air hasn’t had a crash since the midair a number of years ago that I know of. I did an Mx intership a few years ago there, their equipment is well kept and it’s the most beautiful part of the state in my opinion.

MEPilot

I bought tickets for February 17th to 22nd. Going to make my rounds at as many places as I can. Starting I'm Anchorage, Homer, Kenai, Wasilla and Talkeetna.

In Anchorage there is; Grant, Ravn, Spernaks, Lake and Pen Air, Everett’s, Ace Air Cargo. Fairbanks there is Warbelows, Wright’s, and also Everett’s. I heard Smokey Bay Air is hiring in Homer, and I think Katmai Air will start guys off on wheels and transition them to floats. There are more, but I’m not up on the 135s like when I was looking.

MEPilot

Someone posted here a few weeks ago that Grants aviation is hiring...

https://forums.jetcareers.com/threads/grant-aviation.255854/
I’m working on the app for them now, thanks for the info.

In Anchorage there is; Grant, Ravn, Spernaks, Lake and Pen Air, Everett’s, Ace Air Cargo. Fairbanks there is Warbelows, Wright’s, and also Everett’s. I heard Smokey Bay Air is hiring in Homer, and I think Katmai Air will start guys off on wheels and transition them to floats. There are more, but I’m not up on the 135s like when I was looking.
Thanks, I missed a couple of those on my list. I plan to visit them with resume, cover letter and references. With any luck I will actually get to talk to somebody at a few.

MEPilot

I’m back from a great, and what I would consider successful trip. I was able to talk to numerous CPs. All were helpful even if I was not right for them. I’d be happy to share details for any others considering work up there. Just PM me. Based on what I saw, it’s a good time to start out up there. Decision time now.

I’m back from a great, and what I would consider successful trip. I was able to talk to numerous CPs. All were helpful even if I was not right for them. I’d be happy to share details for any others considering work up there. Just PM me. Based on what I saw, it’s a good time to start out up there. Decision time now.
Places get desperate late spring, so if you don’t get the offer you’re looking for just hang in there.

MEPilot

Well I'm going to give this another shot for 2019. I'm going back in a few weeks to Juneau, Ketchikan, Homer, and Anchorage. It seems like there are less jobs posted this year. Or perhaps they are coming along later. I have been building time as much as I can, and doing off airport practice when the conditions allow. If anyone has any inside information or knows of openings I would love to hear about them.

ahw01

Well I'm going to give this another shot for 2019. I'm going back in a few weeks to Juneau, Ketchikan, Homer, and Anchorage. It seems like there are less jobs posted this year. Or perhaps they are coming along later. I have been building time as much as I can, and doing off airport practice when the conditions allow. If anyone has any inside information or knows of openings I would love to hear about them.
How much SES time do you have now?

Urp99

Have fun and let us know how it goes! I'm considering doing the same thing. I'm done at my current gig at the end of April and planning on moving up in May, debating about taking a trip up ahead of time to secure a job. It seems like a waste of money on one hand, for the cost of an airline ticket and a weeks motel/car rentals I could drive my truck up there with everything I own. On the other hand, it would be nice to have a job waiting when I got there, and it's a lot easier to interview and determine if it's going to be a good fit if you do it in person.