• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

135 CP/DO/etc - anyone doing this?

BigZ

I know this is a tough forum for the non-121 to come out of the closet and admit enjoying the 135 (or larger 91 department for that matter) [/s], but I was talking to a gentleman the other day, ex crappy 135 scheduled and not much better 121 ages ago turn "crystal ass GIV CA" and a DO for a sizeable 135 and I couldn't help but wonder if that's not a bad place to end up in.
Granted, average 135 tends to have a shorter life span than a proper airline, and all that, but still, wanted to see if we have guys doing this sort of thing here and if we do, whether they wouldn't mind providing their input on overall QoL satisfaction and such.
Thanks in advance

BigZ

Do you like flying and airplanes? If so I cannot in good conscience recommend 135 management. You have to like people and working with them.
I do like flying and airplanes
But I also have a solid background in solving problems and managing projects (and speaking the government language), and while flying only feels very good most of the time, sometimes I do get the urge to "do something 'bout it" when I have to deal with mismanaged bs and I also wonder if it would make an economic sense to work my way up that valley.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
I do like flying and airplanes
But I also have a solid background in solving problems and managing projects (and speaking the government language), and while flying only feels very good most of the time, sometimes I do get the urge to "do something 'bout it" when I have to deal with mismanaged bs and I also wonder if it would make an economic sense to work my way up that valley.
That's cool. Just know what you're getting into.

I'm the CP for a very small charter department and enjoy it. I do most of my flying 91 on the bigger managed airframes, but our pilots are happy. I refuse to do rolling rest and give our guys a 48hr call. I did the rolling rest for 6 years and know first hand how terrible it is.

BEEF SUPREME

I hated almost every day I was in 91 management. Could be the people i worked for, could be me.
Just apply the standards you apply to everyone else who posts here: it was definitely you, you have a bad attitude and why can't you just let it go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crockrocket94

I'm the CP for a very small charter department and enjoy it. I do most of my flying 91 on the bigger managed airframes, but our pilots are happy. I refuse to do rolling rest and give our guys a 48hr call. I did the rolling rest for 6 years and know first hand how terrible it is.
You flying the 900 still?