1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Student pilot endorsements

Discussion in 'CFI Corner' started by Ashneil, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Ashneil

Ashneil Member

Hey guys,

I have been studying for my CFI checkride. WIll take it by the end of this month. I wanted to confirm that my knowledge on the endorsements for a student pilot was accurate. Those FAR's can be confusing. I also went through the corresponding advisory circular, just taking extra precautions with you guys.
    Here goes:

Endorsement for knowledge test,
    recommendation for practical test certifying that training has been given 2 calendar months prior to test,
    on certificate for make and model to be flown solo
    on logbook for make and model to be flown solo updated every 90 days
    in certificate for category to be flown on solo cross country
    in logbook for solo cross country that is: (can be given by any instructor who can verify planning etc.)
    25 nm away from originating airport
    practice t/o and landings at an airport other than the originating one
    to any airport within 50 nm
    in class B airspace
    going through class B airspace
    repeated cross countries do not need an endorsement considering predetermined limitations are met
    endorsement for night solo or solo cross country

Am I missing any endorsements? Or am I missing additional information to the endorsements listed? Thanks!

2. Blackhawk

Blackhawk Well-Known Member

What kind of endorsements do you need to give to a private glider pilot (or RW-H pilot), getting his/her private SEL? Do they need a student pilot certificate? Is there a time limitation to any "solo" endorsement you give them unless you specify one?
    What about review of missed questions on the written?

3. nosehair

nosehair Well-Known Member

Blackhawk, you went way too deep for him. You didn't even address the multiple missing details related to each endorsement.
    Maybe that was an attempt at abbreviating. but with so many critical details/conditions surrounding each endorsement, I don't think he's researched it nearly enough.

Ashneil, whaddaya say?
    Wanna try that again?

4. P-3tech

P-3tech RASTA